Houzz Logo Print
daphnecamillefox

10 pts for Gryffindor for Living Room Layout Help

Год(а)/Лет назад: 8
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Okay - first, ignore the boxes and the intensely football watching husband! We just moved into our first home and I am STUCK. The front of the house has two rooms divided by an open archway and my husband picked the layout pictures below but looking at it... It seems .. Off? Would it be weird to have the couch in the open archway so that the TV could be against the wall leading to the kitchen? ALSO thoughts on furniture and decor? The brown couch, brown furniture - IS SO BROWN. Can I add in white somehow to lighten it up? Also... Does the tv stand seem obnoxiously low? Oh IKEA... Help me build a grown up house please! Our college furniture is not cutting it anymore

before couch moved

Husbands set up

Комментарии: 18

• Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

I actually don't mind the layout. I think you just need to get everything else in the room to make it work. I prefer a taller TV stand but I think it's a personal preference. Search Craigslist for console, credenza, buffet, chest. Remember you can always paint. I would replace the tan throw pillows with ivory ones. Have you chosen a rug?

Daphne F поблагодарил(а): er612

Can your TV go on the wall next to the window? It seems like you can sit farther away from the TV if you do that. and your sofa can be turned to face the TV. If you wall mount with the current layout, you are going to be craning your neck to watch TV.

Daphne F поблагодарил(а): Anu
  • PRO

this set up is really good actually, i just think you need some stuff on the walls, an area rug, a new tv stand. and two chairs would help. you could always paint the tables, and get a slip cover for the couch if you like. and yes the fan must go if you need the fan go with one that can be flush mounted with out the pole and a stream line light kit. also you only need a 44 inch. other wise go with a semi flush.

go to some thrift shops or consignment stores, find a cool old dresser for your tv or something like that with the same character as the house.

overstock is having a huge sale on rugs/decor check them out...

Daphne F поблагодарил(а): User

Do you have the living room in between the kitchen and dining room?

click to enlarge.

Put TV on wall by window with a larger console. You can always get bigger TV later and still fit console. Sofa against wall. Get the guy a nice recliner or a comfy big chair for watching tv. Can also see TV from DR this way. A coffee table or ottoman so everyone can put their feet up. End table, lamp and 6x9 rug.

Add a console table for stair wall with lamp.

Daphne F поблагодарил(а): susan2494
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

Your husband's layout is pretty good. He's left room for you to walk behind the sofa so his TV football will be undisturbed. Good thinking.

Daphne F поблагодарил(а): leelee

Post more pictures when you've unpacked more completely.

Put furniture in position in plan above

Get a roman shade for window.

uh you guys are awesome!! This website is the best! @leelee isn't that the truth haha! I definitely will ... @susan2494 how did you do that?! That is amazing! I love that idea and an ottoman is definitely needed! ... @partim yes! The dining room is much smaller on the other side .... @flair lighting this is incredible. I love how you pulled in some lighter colors and made the room pop even without having to move the room! The picture wall is just my style!! ... @er612 that's a great idea! I haven't picked a rug yet -- I definitely want something like! Maybe with some blues thrown in? @anrames I was thinking that too! We have a recliner that my in-laws offered us that's a light blue! How do you think that would fit in with that layout?

ohhh that chair is GORGEOUS! @susan2494

• PRO

there was a good point up there... how big is the room you have the dining table in?

• PRO

susan if you go that way ever one one the couch has to look to the right, and only one person can actually face the tv......

Yes, it is but doubt you want to spend $1100. I'll find one similar that is not quite so pricey. Also changed to a fun ottoman

• PRO

light blue goes well with the dark wood trim and sofa....plus it neutral ....ottoman is a great idea...i think lol. plus round will break things up a bit.

You could certainly do a blue recliner.

I still wonder whether it might be better to put the dining room table next to the kitchen, and the sofa and TV in the far room. Especially since you won't need to leave a traffic path through the room, as you do when the TV room is in the middle. Even if the room is small, it might be nice and cosy with just the sofa, recliner and TV.