Houzz Logo Print
nyrgirl35

MW/speed oven too high?

nyrgirl35
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
My MW/ Speed oven will have a pull down door I think this will be too high (risk of burn while reaching in). It meas 54" from floor to bottom of oven. Should I move it next to refrigerator, lower it, have cabinet above it and all drawers below it (1 continuos cabinet with no countertop)?

Комментарии: 8

• PRO
    Dytecture
    This looks to be a 'standard' height for a mw/oven and should be fine for most people.
  • PRO
    Delton Cabinets
    I understand your concern if the door folds down instead of sideways. Have you considered putting it in a base cabinet towards the top? Open area for your mw/oven on top with maybe a big pot & pan drawer below?
  • nyrgirl35
    Автор
    I'm thinking of making a stackable cabinet next to fridge, MW at about counter height, drawers below and a cabinet above?
  • Denita
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    How about something like this? It is so much nicer to have the m/w away from the range/stove. In each of these instances the placement of the m/w is lower for easier access without interfering with ventilation etc.
    Kitchen Remodeling in Carmel · Еще

Buena Vista House · Еще
  • nyrgirl35
    Автор
    It's not next to the range or stove. It's between dishwasher and refrigerator. The microwave is also a speed oven and it's a built in so I think I'll need a stackable cabinet?
  • Denita
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    That should work. You said between d/w and fridge originally and for some reason when I looked at the diagram I was thinking range (brain blip). I personally prefer the lower one with drawers below and cabinet above.
    Contemporary Kitchen · Еще

Wine Storage · Еще
  • PRO
    home design california
    Your refrigerator seems (and usually it is) deeper than the m/w cabinet. If you move the m/w next to the refrigerator, it may not be so easy to use it, and the whole assembly (fridge + m/w) may look too "bulky". The way it shows now on you sketch, it seems standard height, and it also gives you plenty of counter space.