Houzz Logo Print
jp2010

Need help in selecting a Chimney range hood

jp2010
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
I am putting in a new kitchen with a chimney range hood and not sure which hood would look best; stainless steel or the glass canopy. I like the glass however I think glass looks best in a modern kitchen. Is this true? My kitchen will be traditional and the cabinets are maple in a medium color. Do not want to ruin the look with the wrong hood. Please adivse.

Комментарии: 2

• PRO
    Geometra Design Ltd.
    I think if you upload some pictures will be helpful
  • PRO
    Yale Appliance
    Hi there,

A glass chimney hood does provide a nice look however from a functionality standpoint you want to consider how often you cook and what type of cooking surface you are venting.

For those who cook often you will want a hood with a large amount of capture area with enough power to properly remove cooking odors and grease.

Many people choose a glass hood for the aesthetic rather than the function. A glass hood will have a smaller capture area than other chimney or canopy-style hoods. If you cook often you might find that it is more difficult to keep the glass looking clean.

Keep in mind that if you are placing your hood over a gas cooking surface, gas generates more residual heat and grease than electric or induction cooking surfaces. Even if you are venting right outside make sure to choose a hood with enough power and capture area to properly vent your kitchen.

- Jessica P at Yale
    jp2010 поблагодарил(а): Yale Appliance