Houzz Logo Print
smckee4870

Need help choosing a color for the kitchen cabinets

smckee4870
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
We replaced the countertop with Spring Gold granite and now I need to repaint or faux paint the cabinets, but I need help choosing the right color. The kitchen is good sized, but not super large, so I would rather keep it light. The walls are white and I would like to leave them the way they are if possible. The flooring is redwood. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Комментарии: 10

• PRO
    S.J. Janis Company, Inc.
    It might be tough to keep the white walls unless you go darker with the cabinets. You could do white cabinets and add slightly darker wall. The green makes it difficult to visualize. Sometimes taking one step at a time helps. Paint the cabinets white and then think about the wall color.
  • hayleydaniels
    I'm not one for painted cabinets, but I like the green doors and think you should paint the boxes the same color to tie it together. An olive green would go nicely with your granite as well.
  • PRO
    Bradford & Kent Home Remodeling
    Definitely a rich brown stain! It will add depth to your kitchen so that you can maintain the white walls, and it will pull from the deep tones in your granite.
    Case Design/Remodeling, Inc. · Еще
  • PRO
    Robert
    Coffee brown color for the cabinets is something which will help to highlight the counter top. I would also like to change the color of the walls to a shade of off white or maybe a very light shade of lemon yellow.The change in color of the walls will help keep your kitchen coordinated with the cabinets as well as the counter top.
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    I would go with a mid-tone for the cabinets to help the kitchen feel larger. Benjamin Moore Raccoon Hollow would work well with your new counter-tops. Update your cabinet pulls to either a rod iron look or brushed nickel. I would suggest painting out the stenciling on the walls, as it looks a little busy. Lastly, update your kitchen window coverings to a simple 2 inch white blind. Love to see it when it's all done :)
  • PRO
    City Tile
    Hi Desiree, just wanted to thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business!
  • smckee4870
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Thank you everyone - your comments really helped. We decided to take a combination of the suggestions and paint the walls beige, eliminate the valance and stenciling, replace the blind with a 2-inch white one, paint the cabinets SW Downey (very similar to antique white) with black hardware. We are also thinking of replacing the pantry door with one that has a frosted glass insert. It too will be painted SW Downey with black hardware since all of the appliances are black. All in all, we think it will be light and inviting.
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    You need to paint walls a color and paint all cabinets white with brush nickel long pulls. No stencil. A soft gray for walls and remove valance. Use a white bamboo shade instead. Home Depot sells. Make sure you paint cabinets with paint made for them. If you must put things on top of cabinets make it big baskets just a few.
  • libradesigneye
    By shifting your palette to the warm tones, it will work much more nicely with the floor and granite - great choices with black hardware. There are about a thousand beiges - and actually quite a few antique whites - downy isn't quite as warm a white as the stone you've installed and an off-white often is a stronger choice for casework. Allow me to suggest that you also test sw indian white for the cabinets, sw buckram binding for the walls and sw dover white for your trim.
    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW0036-buckram-binding/
    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW0035-indian-white/
    http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6385-dover-white/
    Despite its look on the computer or swatch, indian white will appear white once complete, and it will resonate with the golden undertone on your stone so it all flows. Dover will even look crisp next to it. The white is jumping off against the stone now and that is what you want to avoid.

Finally, doing the island in a contrasting color would add back a lot of charm (and be easier to keep) - a crisp navy like sw indigo batik or a warmer mossier green like sw ruskin room green would keep some color in the space.