Houzz Logo Print
brettlotthomes

What are opinions on shower only in the master bath

Brett Lott Homes
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
What is your opinion on eliminating the soaker tub and putting in just a larger custom shower? These are for new construction mid-range homes.

Комментарии: 12

• Chris
    You will eliminate a good chunk of potential buyers by eliminating a tub. If you are talking about 3-4 bedroom homes that are meant for a family, you will have a tough time getting "mom" to give up her sanctuary.

If you are looking to cut costs, I'd look elsewhere. If it's a size thing and you have to choose between the space for a tub or double vanity, ditch the tub.
  • PRO
    Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
    I'm pulling out master bath tubs and not replacing. Homeowners want them out and a large resort style shower in its place. Save the tub for the alternate kids bathroom. Its my opinion, that a new home buyer will not hesitate buying a home that does not have a tub in the master bath. I think your are asking a valid question and will be making a wise business decision eliminating the master bath tub for a luxurious shower.
  • Carol Johnson
    I vote for large master style shower & tub in the kids bath.
  • PRO
    Design Elements
    If you take out the tub, I think you for sure need to add a large spa style shower to make up for no tub.
  • Darzy
    This has come up quite a bit on Houzz. The majority said that homeowners want a BIG shower rather than small shower and tub. However, ONLY if there was a tub available in another bathroom.
  • Cindy Quinton
    As a real estate agent who works primarily with buyers, I have lots of buyers who say that are fine with no tub in the master if the shower is spectacular. But there must be a nice bath in the other bathroom.
  • PRO
    Yarbro Home Improvement LLC
    Cindy, you are spot on with the term "spectacular". If the shower is just mediocre, then forget the whole idea
  • DIAspoton
    I almost went with the trend in remodeling my bath a few months ago. so glad I didn't.
    went instead with a sort of wet room effect. The 48" x 60" shower is plenty big. The old jetted tub was replaced with a much nicer new tub. this one has it's own heater. We also added a small hot water heater for the master bath. the waterfall tub faucet has a separate shower spray so cleaning is easy. I've gotten spoiled taking long, hot bubble baths so if i were home shopping now, a tub might sway the deal. Hope this helps.
  • kathleen MK
    I would like to get rid of our tiny separate shower and put one over the tub. Why is that so frowned on? Showering was easier in our old house with a garden tub and shower combo. And curtains are much easier to keep clean than shower doors. I wouldn't buy a house if the master bath did not have a tub. When I do take the time to soak I don't want to do it in the kids' bath with toddler toys or teen grunge.
  • Margo
    Soaking In the tiny tub in the hall bath would be dreadful!! I love my great big jetted tub in the master bath!
  • PRO
    John James O'Brien | Inspired Living, by design
    In a three bedroom, three bath residence, the goal was to retain one bath in a guest bath and put in huge showers in the Master and a bedroom with a private bath. Having at least one bath in the home can be wise for resale, but I am finding that were space is limited, the spa shower can impress more than a bath.