Houzz Logo Print
newhouse3060

New Home - kitchen renovation

Tuff Charlie
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
My wife and I are planning on remodeling our cramped U shaped kitchen.

We would like to make the U a bit larger and keep the breakfast nook. We would also like to open up the kitchen to the dinning and living room. We are open to any ideas on how to open up the space more.

Thanks in advance

Комментарии: 5

• Debp
    I assume that means you will be removing the wall between the kitchen and dining and living room. Would you consider forgetting the breakfast nook, putting your cabinets/ cupboards along the 2 walls and adding a large island with seating? You could fit in a corner walk in pantry.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    I've put in a breakfast bar instead of seating nook as access to dining table will be so much easier with the wall gone - it's more informal than having another table and seating in the kitchen as well as a dining table (all within a few feet of each other )
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    Here is another idea with switching the Living and Dining Rooms while opening up the kitchen a bit.
  • PRO
    Hayes Cabinets Inc
    I would remove the living and nook walls and add a large island that will seat 5 or 6
  • Tuff Charlie
    Автор
    Hey Debp

Thanks for the feed back. A big pantry is a good idea but I believe you are suggesting on putting it where the breakfast nook is. There is a large window there that brings in a lot of light and only option would be to put in bottom cabinets along that wall. I like Dytecture suggestion because I was thinking along that line also. That we would level the wall have a walk through and the fridge all the way left. There would be walls where the red lines are everything else would essential be counter top that you could sit at.