Houzz Logo Print
locasciokitchen

Replacing my roof

locasciokitchen
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
I have a cedar shake roof that needs to be replaced. Do I do cedar again or is there a new product that would look the same and perform better. The house is beautiful with the cedar and I don't want to change the look of the house - but I do feel that there may be better choices on the market.

Комментарии: 4

• carolannr
    Try looking into several alternatives that have the look of cedar shingles without the need to be replaced so often.. I have seen them done in both asphalt and cement versions and some of them look really nice. If you live anywhere fire-prone, its in your best interests to get another type of roofing as we know all to well here in Colorado.
  • matthewlys104
    We have a metal roof on our home. We find it very easy to maintain and last for up to 50 years or more. We live on the west coast of Canada, so very wet and have no problems since installed many years ago.
  • matthewlys104
    Here's a pic to give you a better idea. I would strongly suggest at least three quotes. All the best.
  • PRO
    Tennessee Contracting Services, Inc
    A lot of people who have cedar shakes end up switching to the designer series shingles in GAF for instance. These shingles can actually replicate the look of slate, barrel tile and shake for instance as well as many more. They also carry strong warranties when installed by a certified contractor. Good luck!