Houzz Logo Print
clhutson

Window Treatment help!

clhutson
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
I can't decide between roman shades and drapes for my dining room. Please help! I'm trying to move toward a neutral gray, but not too boring. Simple pattern perhaps? No idea where to start. Color on wall is Perfect Greige. Thank you!!

Комментарии: 14

• PRO
    Meg Padgett
    I love the look of ceiling to floor length draperies with natural shades beneath. Something like this: http://hisugarplum.blogspot.com/2013/10/breakfast-room-curtains-take-2.html
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): Meg Padgett
  • leelee
    Long white curtains or white wood blinds.
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): leelee
  • clhutson
    Автор
    Thank you all! Vered Rosen Design, here are more pictures. I also need help with lighting ideas if you have any!
  • PRO
    Vered Rosen Design
    ok. here are my suggestions: definitely curtains (4 panels). mount them halfway between top of window and ceiling. As for color, I suggest something that relates to the rug (if it's staying). red/rust? add a nice runner to your table. you have too much of the same dark brown furniture in the room, so break it up with a nice runner or at least a center piece. As for lighting, I suggest one table lamp over the side board and a standing lamp to the left of it. Pull the extra two chairs closer to the side board and adding cushions to them could also work. in between the two windows hang a picture.
  • clhutson
    Автор
    I love it, Vered Rosen Design! I never would have thought of moving the chairs & adding cushions! So simple, but never crossed my mind! Do you have a chandelier suggestions? I hate that light and think it might be too low. Rug is going elsewhere. I'm tired of the red. Thank you very much!
  • PRO
    Vered Rosen Design
    clhutson, Thanks. There are many MANY chandelier or pendant options in the market. I would need to know more details about your personal preferences and room dimensions in order to help you with that. Feel free to contact me via email vered@veredrosendesign.com
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): Vered Rosen Design
  • leelee
    Here's a great light. Transitional and clean--not fussy.
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): leelee
  • leelee
    Put a bowl of artichokes, etc on the table
  • clhutson
    Автор
    Thank you both again! Leelee, I've actually looked online at lights just like the one you posted. I'm torn between that style, a similar one in a narrow rectangle, or something totally different simply because I'm afraid to commit to something that might be out of style in a few years. I'm a decorating chicken, but you may have convinced me. I like clean lines, while still being soft and comfortable if that makes sense.
  • PRO
    Whispar Design
    What kind of view do you have through the windows? Do you need privacy/light control?
    One option you might consider is stationary panels to frame the windows and add shades if needed. This first room is more traditional than what you have but the second is more contemporary and has the shade option.
    cornice-window-treatment2.jpg · Еще

Contemporary Cornice Window Treatments · Еще
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): Whispar Design
  • clhutson
    Автор
    Hi Leelee. Could you tell me where you found that picture of the light fixture? The more I think about it, the more I think I want to go that route. Thanks!
  • ourhomerobin
    I have the same dining room and same windows in my dining room as clhutson . I have two cream colored, 60 inch wide, basket weave drapes. Above the dining room windows are very large wooden rods, with large finials at each end with wooden rings (they came with the house). Would it look unbalanced if I hung only one drape at each window and pushed them to the outside of each window?
  • PRO
    Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
    If you are keeping the wall color and trim as they are, use white open weave side panels on antique white rods. Have seat cushions made for your chairs using a stripe with Greige, White and Red. Edge the tied on seat cushions in gold rope trim. Use the same trim to tie the cushions on to the seats. Change your chandelier to something that glows like the shade style leelee sent you or a multi-armed chandelier with shades. Hang a tall mirror above the server but not a simple rectangle. Look for mirrors with a shaped top or arched top. Install a pair or candle sconces on either side of the mirror. These can be non-electrified since they're for detail and some romance.
    clhutson поблагодарил(а): Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design