Houzz Logo Print
ryanbartolucci

Kitchen Design - Oven Location

ryanbartolucci
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
Would like to get thoughts from others on whether it is feasible to put a double oven next to a corner in the kitchen? We are building our home trying to put the refridgerator, microwave and oven on one wall in order to maximize the space for the rest of the kitchen, but this would involve putting the oven in the corner. We have been told that it might be a bad idea to do this b/c then you cannot get at the oven from the right side (blocked by the counter).

Does anyone have this situation or advice?

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Rinehart Custom Homes
    can you post pictures?
  • ryanbartolucci
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Since we're building the best I have at this point is the plans, which I have attached. The oven location is in the top left corner of the plan. The microwave would be in between the oven and the refrigerator, but isn't identified here on the plan.
  • karemore55
    Ryan, I agree with Mark that a corner set-up is the way to go. It will eliminate one more turn in the cabinet run which would have required a lazy Susan type bottom cupboard, which isn't the most ideal storage solution. Also, it adds an interesting angle to the kitchen,which you could capitalize on if you want by shaving off a smidge of the two corners on the island so that you get a repetition of this angle in the space. It will also make manoeuvring in that corner a little easier.

I'm curious to know why you aren't doing an oven with microwave on top - or is this a double wall oven?
  • PRO
    Someone's in the Kitchen, Inc.
    Yes, Ryan... many nicer oven-micro-wave combination appliances now have an upper oven that does convection baking, broiling, crisping - in addition to nuking stuff. (The phot I sent, though, has a double oven, with micro-drawer just peeking into view at lower right. Mark
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    Personally I am not a big fan of placing appliances at the corner.