Thanks for the practical answers
  • loyislong
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    where do I get a medicine cabinet like this ?tks
  • PRO
    Nina Splitt c o L o r design
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    This photo does not look like that glass is on a track or hinged; therefore, I think the glass is stationary. Good question of how does one run a tub without getting in there first.
  • gloramsey
    wow thanks for the information Lorelai ...I will do that since I am thinking about doing the glass shower curtain
  • Lee Ann McGee
    Lorelai here again. For anyone interested.. Here is a pic of what a hinged panel will look like. Opens easily to gain access to shower, water controls and children. Clear rubber seal on bottom minimizes the amount of water that escapes. Oh and make sure to get the sealer/coating on the glass to keeping streaks and droplets from forming. Well worth the price!
  • Becky Plummer
    Thank You Lorelai for posting these pictures....we are "rebuilding" our brand new house that burned down in June.....I wanted to do this at that time; but I didn't know that you could get them to swing open.....WHO KNEW???? THANK YOU.....We are definitely doing this in the guest bath.
  • Becky Plummer
    Do you mind if I ask what material the tub surround is? I love your colors. Absolutely beautiful.
  • Lee Ann McGee
    SO very sorry to hear about losing your home. I will be happy to give you the information. The best part about Houzz is being able to share ideas and resources that might just help us regular folks get the end result we want without making a mistake ! The field tile is 24x26 by Atlas Concorde color Style Fibre color snow. ( they have different shades as well) I purchased this through Mosaic Tile ( they do have a web site) The accent tile was a little pricey but I love it and was only using it as an accent over in the shower and over sink. I got it from Architectural Ceramics but I think Artistic Tile carries it also. It is opera glass interlude stilato.
    I used the same field tile (fibre) on the floor to keep it clean looking. The color of grout was alabaster. Pics follow. Best of luck for much happiness in your new place . Lorelai
    http://www.artistictile.com/productdetails.aspx?Colid=61&Cid=23&Mname=Interlude Stilato
  • Becky Plummer
    Thank you so much for the detailed reply. Your bathroom does look beautiful....
  • Lee Ann McGee
    Correction on the size of the Fibre Field Tile. It was 12x24! Sorry for the confusion. Lorelai
  • PRO
    Toronto Interior Design Group
    Hello everyone! Depending on the clients' wants and needs, I sometimes do just a fixed panel like this, and sometimes use two panels with one panel on a hinge to create a swing door (which you can see in some of my other projects). If you often fill the bath rather than showering you might want to stick to the 2 panels.
  • sgerken2
    I love the frosted glass door on the built in medicine cabinet. I want to use this idea in our bathroom remodel, but don't know where to find the hinges for the glass door. Can anyone help?
  • Becky Plummer
    Try a glass company......they installed the "frameless" glass in our house and provided the hinges.....
  • PRO
    VanGo Shower Glass
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Hi everyone - first of all Lorelai's advise about the shower curtain and the panel width is perfect - we recommend this same technique to our clients before the decide on the width of such a panel. Second, it is very important you (or your knowledgeable & experienced glass contractor!) decide how you use your shower & whether spray bothers you or not, as well as whether you mind getting into the shower to turn on the water!

You may have one of 4 options... from lowest to highest pricepoint...
    1. the single fixed panel as in the top of this post
    2. a single panel with hinges for access to the tub
    3. two panels - one mounted to the wall/tub with clips and silicone at the bottom, then double hinges attached to that to allow for in and out swing... this allows for more coverage, but be sure the seam between the two doesn't line up with your shower head
    4. An inline enclosure with a door in the middle

Note that to prevent leakage, all of these options should be custom measured (especially a double panel or more) and manufactured because 95% of the time your walls are not square. Kits or bulk imported doors rely on big gaps to make up for this which causes a lot of leaks. Custom measured gaps should be no more than 1/8." Also insist on properly installed solid brass hardware, otherwise your panels will sag after a little while.

Happy designing!
  • Becky Plummer
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 8

We did the half panel swinging door....the picture skews it a little but it is half way; This is a guest bath & doesn't get used all of the time; but all guests so far report that no water goes on floor. You just have to make sure the showerhead is not pointed to spray outside. LOL..... When we first moved in so many people said: "Where's the other half?" I said: this is for STYLE....... Anyway, thank you all for your great ideas and we were able to incorporate this one into our new home.