Houzz Logo Print
webuser_679070611

what goes with red and black quarry tile flooring

Denise Brookfield
Дней назад – 15

Hi, any soft furnishings idea to go with an original red and black check quarry tile floor in the living room of a very small cottage with rough painted stone walls and original ceiling beams.
I want to create a cosy space that’s not dark but cant seem to find any rugs or curtain fabrics that don’t clash with the floor. Currently no furniture so apart from the floor it’s a blank canvas. Thanks

Комментарии: 14

• Isla Cherry
    Дней назад – 15

Cream, white and off whites. I wouldn't add pattern just texture. A cream rug will offset your quarry tile floor perfectly.

• Jonathan
    Дней назад – 15

I would get a sofa first and take your colour inspiration from that. Given the space is compact your sofa shouldn’t be visually too dark or too big, perhaps on feet so you can see under it giving the illusion it is smaller. If you have an open fire or wood burner then make sure you get washable covers.

• Sonia
    Дней назад – 14

As the floor is quite in your face, I agree with Isla and rinked to go with a nice neutral shade so it doesn’t clash.

• PRO
    My Bespoke Room
    Дней назад – 14

Hi Denise, It sounds like you have a charming space with lots of character to work with. For a cosy feel that complements your vibe, you should consider soft furnishings in neutral tones like warm greys, creams, or soft beiges. These colours can soften the boldness of the floor without competing with it.

Then you can add a few pops of colour in accents like vases, artwork, or even a statement chair, as long as these are in harmony with the floor's colour scheme. Hope this helps!

• PRO
    Hinton House Interiors
    Дней назад – 14

Hi Denise,

It sounds like a lovely space to decorate.

I would consider a sisal/jute rug, not only would it look lovely against the tiles but also work well within your cottage setting.

I would lean in to some colour as well, as despite it being a small space you can still use darker furnishings without making the space feel closed in.

I created a Pinterest board for you with some interiors ideas that I think could look lovely in your space.

https://pin.it/4AOypszFd 

Good Luck!

• PRO
    Gabriella Grimaldi Design
    Дней назад – 12

I have created some drafts. Let me know what you think.

• PRO
    Дней назад – 12

I personally like the one with the beige sofa, however it is intriguing to see how a red sofa and airm chair can compliment your amazing floor. What do you think?

• PRO
    Дней назад – 12

• Denise Brookfield
    Автор
    Дней назад – 11

Wow they all look lovely. I like the first one best using just a splash of red to complement the floor. Wonder how it would look in red and black tiles.

• Denise Brookfield
    Автор
    Дней назад – 9

Here is a photo that might help

• katlucy
    Дней назад – 9

Claybrook have paint colours that would give a cosy feel in tones of terracotta and stone https://www.claybrookstudio.co.uk/paint

• Denise Brookfield
    Автор
    Дней назад – 9

Just had a look, there are some lovely colours. I will order a few samples. Thanks

• Sonia
    Дней назад – 8

If you prefer a bit of colour, I agree with katlucy that soft terracotta peachy pink would also go nicely on the walls, nothing too dark. For furniture you could try soft blue or navy with a neutral jute rug.