Houzz Logo Print
webuser_320223810

Kitchen appliance recommendations - sink, cooktop and range hood

Дней назад – 27

Any suggestions for good stainless steel sink, 36 inch cook top and hood with min 800CFM

Комментарии: 10

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    Дней назад – 26

Gas or induction for the cooktoo/ What a cooktop instead of a range? The best stainless sink ypu can afford that fits the cabinet where it is going . I like single bowl and 10" deep 16 guage stainless undermount . Range hood I like vent-a-hood and if this is gas cooktop you will need more than 800CFM and MUA probably too.

320223810 поблагодарил(а): Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Дней назад – 24

A 36" cook top needs a 42" hood.

We have no clue induction, or gas

Blanco, Franke, Elkay are all good stainless and we have no clue if you want a single bowl or other.

Meaning you really are not needing help, or you expect us to read your mind?

320223810 поблагодарил(а): JAN MOYER
    Автор
    Дней назад – 24

Sorry about that, I missed the details. Thanks for your responses.

36inch gas cooktop

And the hood has space for 36 inch range hood.

Sink - looking for single bowl. Lot of options are in 9inch deep and 18 gauge.

I found one 10" inch deep with 16 gauge in Kraus, is that good ? I see some reviews related to rusting, so was little concerned.

I will check Blanco, Franke and Elkay for sinks now. And will look for recommended hood.

Дней назад – 24

Stay away from 18 gauge.

• la_la Girl
    Дней назад – 24

Just a suggestion for using Wirecutter or Consumer Reports as well to help make comparisons -

Автор
    Дней назад – 22

How are Ruvati sinks? I see they are available in 16 guage

Дней назад – 21

I just placed an order for a Ruvati sink. I wanted a 33" workstation sink that was NOT zero radius or "sharp corners" with a 10" depth, 16 gauge, and center drain--I hate the offset drain. My criteria knocked out a lot of manufacturers. Ruvati offers sinks with a slope, so I might have been happy with an offset drain if the bottom slope was enough. But, I don't know of a showroom to test that out in person, so I just went with the center drain.

I bought the Roma Pro RVH 8303. Home Depot knocked another $50 off the price if I signed up for their credit card.

I had to buy a temporary sink prior to my remodel, and I bought an inexpensive top mount Delta workstation one from Costco. Because the top of the workstation cutting board is closer to the faucet with a top mounted sink than with a undermounted sink, I have found that water ricochets off the cutting board more than I like. The Delta one has an offset drain, and food scraps just pile up on the far side of the sink, and I waste a lot of water washing them down to the drain. The grid makes it more difficult to clean. I hate the grid.

Ruvati also makes a Roma Hex sink, which has a hex design so that you don't need a grid. I have not seen that in person, so I decided to pass on that as well.

• Boxerpal
    Дней назад – 21

My favorite hood is Vent-a-hood. Quiet yet powerful. We have a 36 inch hood over a 30 inch range.

My favorite sink is the Ariel pearl 30 inch 16 gauge stainless zero radius undermount sink. It is 10 inches deep and you could bathe a small child in (Ha Ha Ha0 I have others in my top ten but this has been my most favorite. My GC got me hooked on this sink. According to their web site...

PEARL is proud to only use T304 stainless steel in all of our stainless steel sinks. T304 stainless steel is a surgical grade stainless steel that has 18-20% chromium and 8-10.5 nickel. Its molecular composition makes the alloy highly resistant to corrosion and rust while highly durable with great malleability.

Other sinks I have loved are Oliveri, Krauss, Delta.

My Favorite appliances for

DW KitchenAid or Bosch

Duel Fuel KitchenAid

Refrigerator Bosch or Miele

Wine frig Fischer and Paykel

If money were no object I would go with Sub Zero for the frig and Gaggenau for the gas range. Although I have heard from friends that their Wolf has great customer service.

Hope that helps.

• ci_lantro
    Дней назад – 21

I have an 18 ga Kraus sink. Zero issues with rusting or 18 ga, so long as the sink is a welded sink. (When sinks are stamped, the metal around the bends get thinned out.)