Houzz Logo Print
xxnonamexx

Bathroom sink faucet handles getting hard to turn after a few months?

xxnonamexx
Месяцев назад: 2

I installed an Americsn standard bathroon sink faucet a few months ago and it appears one handle starting to get tighter to turn. WHat can I do to help prevent this from happening. I read mineral deposits cause this. Can I apply silicone to prevent it? Any help much appreciated.

Комментарии: 4

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C

It could be some sort of a buildup within the handle that prevents it from turning smoothly, or it could be an issue with the cartridge.

• xxnonamexx
    Автор

It's a couple months old what should I look for to see what's causing the issue

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C

Shut the water off, take the handle off, take the stem out, and inspect it, maybe you see something that is preventing it from operating smoothly... You can try calling the American Standard Service department to see what they say.

• John 9a

I had to replace a new installation of the tub faucet/shower handle in a previous home. I had trouble with "mineral"deposits at that home. I'm pretty sure the "mineral" deposits were silica from the water supply which was on a well. The tub faucet had knobs for hot and cold and a third knob to turn on the shower head. The shower selector handle froze up during a period of non-use as the bath was a guest bath. Even after removing the fixture, I had to cut the metal around the valve to finally break the valve free. It was junk after that but I wanted to investigate the problem. After that event, I made sure to operate the valve occasionally to keep it from freezing up in the new fixture.

Sponsored