Houzz Logo Print
webuser_455830395

Adding French doors with sidelites

Месяцев назад: 2
Последние изменения: в прошлом месяце

I want to add french doors with sidelites. the opening is roughly 96w x 80l, i want to add french doors with sidelites but not sure how to frame or how to install the sidelites. the french doors will be prehung but not the sidelites.

also, possibly a transom

Комментарии: 5

• PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C

With all the wainscotting going on you have to remove existing trim around the opening, pack the opening out the opening for a new door, drywall, etc install new door trim to match the existing, and match wainscotting on both sides of the opening.

Here is an example to give you an idea.

455830395 поблагодарил(а): GN Builders L.L.C
  • millworkman

What he said, basically you will be stripping the wall and reframe or packing in the opening smaller to accommodate the door. New drywall, and trim will be required..

455830395 поблагодарил(а): millworkman
  • PRO
    PPF.

I've done several similar to this, filling in the opening without removing trim.

455830395 поблагодарил(а): PPF.
    Автор

Nice, I’m not sure you can see the detail of the trim. It’s on the ouside, inner and wraps around to inside. Also, is that door for interior or exteriorer? were they custom made?

• PRO
    PPF.

I don't see a problem with the trim. The doors I've used were stock interior wood doors.

Here is another option, using 3 equal sized panels. With a 101w x 96h opening, 3, 3'x8' doors could be used. You would need to work with your supplier on availability.

You will need a good carpenter to put everything together on site, or find a door shop to supply the parts.

455830395 поблагодарил(а): PPF.
Sponsored