Houzz Logo Print
bec5656

need area rug advice

bec5656
Месяцев назад: 3

looking to replace the rug we have ( too light and can’t get doggy prints off) . The chairs have a muted pattern so I’m afraid patterned rug would clash or be too much? But I’m not sure the rule of thumb with patterned furniture and area rugs . the sofa is a sageish green. Thanks!

Комментарии: 7

• Torie123

I’m not an expert but I would suggest a green solid color to bring out the greenish in the chair.

• bec5656
    Автор

Thanks I was thinking that too I’m just afraid I wouldnt be able to match the greens correctly since the sofa green as well. I was also thinking of a solid Teracotta color ? Maybe that would be too dark..

• Torie123

No, I think that would actually look really good!

• freedomplace1
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 3

It‘s a beautiful room, and i love the wall color, also. Precious doggie.

You could go green or terra cotta on a rug. You don’t have to exactly match the greens in your chairs, etc. As far as patterns: depending on the pattern, it could work with your patterned chairs; but yes of course a solid is easier. If you wanted to go eclectic and also tie in your wood furniture, I think a leopard print rug could be interesting.

I also see you have blue in your art, and blue and green are complementary. So I think something like this rug could work, too. Has subtle stripes.

https://www.rugs-direct.com/Details/ChrisLovesJuliaxLoloi-Chris-CHR01/146463/235300?

There are a number of rug/vendor sites that have a visualizer tool. So you can try out some rugs in your space. RugsDirect, Crate and Barrel, Incredible Rugs and Decor, and there are others. If you buy from online vendor, good to order smallest size rug first to check for color, texture, etc.

• marmiegard_z7b

I think pattern mixing would be great if you can try out the rug, either by Visualizer or buying a small trial size.

The key is a more simple linear pattern , stripe, plaid and I think the ones shown by above posters are excellent examples. I also think limiting it to just background color and accent color help rather than a rainbow.

Another option is related, such as a tone-on- tone that tends to read as a “ solid “ but is just a bit more interesting — for example if using terracotta, then 2 shades of same, but can be richer than the upholstery but still softened enough not to look out of place with the soft print.

If you can find something in one of those options that you love and works with doggie, I think it make your room look very personalized and interesting.

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    в прошлом месяце

A sage green or cream/beige colored rug might work well in this space. You might look at a few of our designs below for some rug ideas:

Mercer Island Remodel · Еще

Bellevue Contemporary · Еще

Lakemont Luxury · Еще