Houzz Logo Print
joey_taylor55

Small bathroom -- What to do with this wall?

Joey T
Месяцев назад: 3
Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 3

I'm stumped on what to do with this odd shaped wall in this tiny bathroom.

Wall accent - yay or nay?

Drawer fronts - white oak to warm up the room? pattern?

Mirror - full length or other?

small backsplash?

Комментарии: 8

• tracefloyd

I would not accent the odd shaped wall imo.

The ceiling is at different heights above the light fixtures which accentuates the odd shaped wall. An easy fix for that is to use just one light fixture centered over the sink.

A full length mirror might also accentuate the wall and the sharp angles in the room. Think about a large circular mirror to add some roundness in the space and a focal point.

For the backsplash it seems to make sense high enough to include the faucet? I like your idea of some wood.

Joey T поблагодарил(а): tracefloyd
  • Kendrah

Can you show pics of the rest of the room? How many people regularly use this bathroom?

Can you say more about why you chose such a tiny sink instead of a larger sink or instead of putting two sinks in the vanity? Also, is your idea to have two lights and two mirrors with one sink in between?

I'd mirror the entire wall and put two interesting lights in the wall where you have your current ones hanging. (Your bathroom look seems contemporary but the lights seem Lowe's traditional.) . Or, I'd tile the entire wall as below. But, I still don't understand the mirror and light choice there.

Bathroom Lighting · Еще

SNAPPER CREEK · Еще

Joey T поблагодарил(а): Kendrah
  • Joey T
    Автор

The bathroom is 89x89. It's the smallest bathroom you could ever imagine.

Initially I had the plumbing for two sinks because it looked better, but once I started building drawer boxes around the plumbing for two sinks I realized the bathroom would have zero storage.

I built the floating vanity to a non standard size 16" x 89" so the shower door would have room to swing open. I purchased every size sink and this is the only one that would fit a 16 inch vanity. I tried vessel sinks but never found one I liked and got tired of looking.

I just uploaded more pics. This bathroom is next to the living room and is only used when guests are visiting or staying in the small guest bedroom across the hall.

I can easily change the lighting. The lighting you see installed is just from my previous layout when I had two sinks. I'm not sure what to change it to. I just know I don't like it.

I was thinking a mirror across the entire wall would make the space look bigger?

• Maureen

Another issue is the tiny sink and finding a solution that creates overall balance on/above vanity and the wall in general.

- Using sconces to fill the sides/offset sink

- Partial wall treatment using your same tile

I’d add matching drawers to keep things simple/uninterrupted and recommend painting the door the same color as walls.

Joey T поблагодарил(а): Maureen
  • PRO
    Breathe Design Studio

We might recommend redoing the lighting and not accenting that wall. Here are a few bathrooms we have done which might help more with your selections.

Travis Heights Bright & Clean Modern Single Family · Еще

Hyde Park Family Bungalow Remodel · Еще

Atomic Ranch MCM Main House · Еще

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    в прошлом месяце

Maybe try using the countertop and going up some to create a backsplash and a good foundation for the wall mounted faucet. We wouldn't recommend doing an accent wall since you already have a lot going on. Please see a few designs of ours included here.

Mercer Island Modern Farmhouse · Еще

Ravensdale New Build · Еще

• Jennz9b
    в прошлом месяце

Good idea to do a full mirror across the wall with the vanity. i wouldn’t do anything with any other walls. Another great idea is painting the door to match the walls.

Sponsored