Houzz Logo Print
nellyhc

Need design advice for home in coastal FL

HELEN STIFFLER
Месяцев назад: 4

Hi, I have a home in coastal Florida and need design advice for living room. LR measures around 20x15ft. It has original terrazzo floors. I'm stuck! Don't know where to take this so suggestions are so appreciated.

Комментарии: 9

• tfitz1006

It looks like your bookcases are kind of off in color compared to the coffee table and console. You could paint them. Coral high gloss would be fun. I would also look for art to hang in place of the mirror bc I think you need more color and drama. The room looks a bit sterile and maybe too symmetrical (like the sprays on either side of the tv). The rug isn't doing much for your room and I might re-think the accent wall. I just think it's a lovely space and needs more color and life.

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): tfitz1006
  • Maureen
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

Depending on budget, suggest art above couch, perhaps patterned drapery and if interested, I’d rethink the wall with tv.

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): Maureen
  • PRO
    Annette Jaffe Interiors
    Месяцев назад: 2

We might suggest moving the sofa to where the loveseat is and placing the loveseat facing the TV area. Making an L shape might make the whole space feel more like a TV room. You could even look at moving the TV to the wall where the loveseat is now and place the loveseat where the TV is now. Please see our designs below for more ideas:

Hampton Boathouses · Еще

Roslyn Village Condo · Еще

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): Annette Jaffe Interiors
  • RULAER
    в прошлом месяце

Hi, maybe put a footstool cushion to match your sofa for more comfort! See the floor cushions

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): RULAER
  • PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    в прошлом месяце

Have you considered a different layout? Placing the sofa facing the TV and having two chairs instead of a loveseat might help make the space easier to work with. Please see a few of our designs below for more ideas:

Mercer Island Modern Farmhouse · Еще

Wedgwood Remodel · Еще

Lakemont Luxury · Еще

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): Kimberlee Marie Interiors
  • nelliebean
    в прошлом месяце

I see you're working with a vent you can't cover as well. I agree with the others about the layout and the bookcases. I like how you disguised the antenna - did you paint it? I have a black one and it never occured to me to paint it.

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): nelliebean
  • Jennz9b
    в прошлом месяце

i would first finish painting all 4 walls, making sure that the wall color picked up a color from the rug. It is hard to tell with computers but on my screen it looks like there isnt any blue in the rug.

HELEN STIFFLER поблагодарил(а): Jennz9b
  • HELEN STIFFLER
    Автор
    в прошлом месяце

Hi Nelliebean, Yes I painted the antenna. Thank you for your comments.

Sponsored