Houzz Logo Print
emburr

Random space by fridge

emburr
Месяцев назад: 4

Wanting to put something interesting on the random spot by our fridge maybe get rid of the cabinet? i already have a coffee/wine bar any thoughts?

Комментарии: 13

• apple_pie_order

Try clearing the cabinet shelf, lower shelves, and floor off completely. Add a Command hook (or metal coat hook) on the outer part of the cabinet (perpendicular to the wall) for the handbag. Then move the baskets from the top of the fridge to the cabinet shelf. Extra points if you declutter the fridge magnets' papers.

Clearing it all off will give you a good idea about how a bona fide desk with drawers would work there.

• blfenton

Do you need a desk with a chair? If not I would look at small islands for that spot - maybe from Ikea or ?. Something with a drawer and shelving but something bigger than what you have.

• Lyn Nielson

I would remove the whole cabinet.

any chance you can utilize the other side of the wall to recess the refrigerator?

• la_la Girl
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

I would measure and get something that fits just right - what about some closed storage to keep it neat? I would be hesitant to mess with the cabs - not this per se - just thinking of the General size/depth

• cpartist

How do you load/unload groceries into that fridge? Where do you put the bags?

Where do you place food you remove?

• theresa21
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

Since you don't have much cabinetry on that wall, I would get rid of all the cabinetry there, and then replace it with painted cabinetry (maybe black?) to box in the refrigerator. Choose a cabinet color that will coordinate with the rest of the room. Don't choose cabinets that will require a countertop because it will be impossible to match the countertop to the rest of the kitchen countertops, just go with a tall pantry cabinet to the right of the fridge and a deeper cabinet over the fridge with a tall refrigerator side-panel to the right of the fridge.

• AnnKH

We used a custom cabinet maker when we remodeled our kitchen, so I was able to get exactly what I wanted in a similar space. Our space was twice as wide, so I'll show just half. It's 20" deep.

Top cabinet: deep storage for roasting pans, large broiler pan, large bowls. Later became a spot for quart jars, after we started canning.

At eye level: a command center, with shallow shelves for dog supplies, a calendar, envelopes, my household ledger, and outlets for charging (this photo was shortly after completion; we did fill it up!) I loved that those necessary items were out of sight.

Below that, a shallow drawer for office supplies (pens, stapler, scissors, batteries, etc).

Next, two file drawers. I had the pulls placed so they looked like doors - I thought that was a better look than putting those pulls horizontal. We lived there 8 years, and never had a problem with the pulls on the side of the drawers.

The bottom cabinet was where I kept beer and pop, which we stocked up on, and previously had been piled up next to the fridge.

My cabinet was "double wide", and the right side was only 12" deep. Those shelves were used for cookbooks, water bottles, purses, and some less-used small appliance. Having custom cabinets where I could specify every size made this enormously functional for us, but even stock cabinets could go a long way toward tidying up the OP's space.

• theresa21

I'm not sure what kind of space you have in your kitchen. The following is only a suggestion because the photo seems to indicate that you have a pinch point walk through, and so, limited space to add deep cabinetry next to the fridge.

• apple_pie_order

@theresa21 Good call on the pinch point.

• happyleg

Make a nice Pantry nice next to the refrigerator

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    в прошлом месяце

Maybe look at either adding more storage for a pantry or add a desk area? What do you need? Take a look at a variety of our designs, included below, for some more ideas.

Greenlake Craftsman · Еще

Clyde Hill Home · Еще

University Village Kitchen · Еще

Ballard Refresh · Еще

• hbeing
    в прошлом месяце

put in a table/desk almost as wide as your fridge. more useable space.