Houzz Logo Print
sandy_delgadowood

Oak Wood Modern Look Ideas

Sandy Wood
Месяцев назад: 4

I need ideas on how to modernize this room. We have oak wood flooring put in due to the rest of the house being that color. I’m regretting not getting carpet instead. Looks like I may need to replace the furniture. Need ideas on decor please. Thanks

Комментарии: 16

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

Add a rug and really I have no idea what you want. The floor is fine and IMO not an issue .The bed looks too big for where you have it , what is your style ? You give us nothing to work with. Maybe start by posting a to scale floor plan done on graph paper posted here in a comment in jpeg format. DO NOT start another post. Then some clue as to your style.

• la_la Girl

Those floors look great I think - if it were me, I would replace the bedding (not sure the gray is doing anything for the room) with something a bit more organic, then I would hang curtain panels (wide and high so as not to block the window) and would pull the panel color from the bedding - maybe a lichen green velvet?

• Sandy Wood
    Автор

I like idea of organic colors.
    Yes for curtains. I’m starting with a silver/nickel rod versus brown?

• RedRyder

Find a fantastic large area rug and work from those colors up. I wouldn’t start with curtains until you have a full color scheme. Is the bedding the jumping off point? If yes, look for a rug with some gray in it.

If no, go for something with a fun color that can be duplicated (later) with curtains. For example. I would pick up on the pink in the quilt posted by @la_la girl.

• la_la Girl

The walls look peach on my monitor - are they beige?

• Valinta

Two nightstands and lamps instead of one.

• Sandy Wood
    Автор

The wall is beige.

• aliciaflorrick

I like the flooring. Hard to tell from your photos if the furniture layout is the best for your room. Is the bedding new, do you like it? If yes, then adding some layers and cushions would make it prettier. I don’t think the wall colour is particularly flattering to the bedding. It’s quite beige the bedding looks to be griege/greyer. Fresh lighter paint would help. If new bedding is in the cards, again looks to layer it. A throw rug and artwork and accessories would help.

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

Some option to decorate

• Kendrah

The bamboo blinds really help tie the floor in with the rest of the room. Great job Celery.

• aliciaflorrick

Yes, Celery nailed it.

• Sandy Wood
    Автор

I love this. Looks modern! Thank you! Yes I can change the bedding!
    Where’s a good place for bedding and curtains?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER

Why don't you begin with a RUG?

Show a drawing of the room. Entrance, closet, windows, walls, all the feet and inches.

Do the walls have to be beige? No they don't: )

The room feels dreary, and while the mock up above helps? Colors are limitless, as are rugs and bedding. But it would be good to know the size of everything.

Stand in the corners and add more pictures too......

• PRO
    steveetheridge

A rug would look better than wall to wall carpeting. The rug will anchor the bed and can provide a good starting point for the rest of the room decor.

• PRO
    Kimberlee Marie Interiors
    в прошлом месяце

Why not just try a rug and some curtains, along with some artwork.

Clyde Hill Home: Bedroom 1 · Еще

Lakemont Luxury: Bedroom · Еще

North Seattle Guest House · Еще