Houzz Logo Print
bb_capecod

Help with upper cabinet design/soffit

bb_capecod
Месяцев назад: 4
Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

Hello, We are working to finalize our cabinety design. We originally did not include a mid-height cabinet on either side of the hood because my hushand wanted more wall space there and to not feel enclosed while chopping veggies. We have a 9” soffit that after a ton of thought cannot be minimized much or removed. I am not liking the high cabinets on either side of the range, I find them distracting. I cannot find examples of the exposed soffit next to the hood online.

Should we remove the high cabinets and live with that part of the soffit connecting to the next mid height cabinets being exposed, and maybe add some open shelving there, or should we add mid height caninets to that area? My husband is at peace with that, however I like how the backsplash around the hood as it is now is highlighting the hood and corbels.

I am also wondering if we make the counter height cabinets double cabinets so they are more substantial (they are glass), make the mid height

cabs glass, and the ones next to the hood solid. i really like the attached pic showing the solid cabs next to the hood being one cabinet and not 2 door, however we want to keep the uppers balanced with the lowers.

Комментарии: 2

• PRO
    Whitewash Studio Architecture

Hello. I believe it might be worth exploring making the lower base cabinets have a deeper countertop. I have created some kitchens that were short on countertop space have a 30" deep counter. You can still use the standard 24" deep base cabinets but have the counter run over the back. you will have a void in the back not visible to anyone. this will allow you to bring down the side cabinets on either side of the range and still give your husband the extra space so he does not feel they are in his face and he has room to work. just an option.

• herbflavor
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 4

correlation between uppers and below the counter cab sizes is not a priority. Esp wi the centered large hood....the eyes travel across the wall zone for the most part. I did notice the awkward short cabs l and r of hood and wonder why bother? I did notice only two double door wall cabs which are your main type of storage on walls...and yours are not similarly sized . I did notice three "down to counter cabinet" and wondered why lose counter like that ...why three? I would go back and fix / get better double doored wall cabinets for yourself and then the left and right of hood get narrower open shelving or narrower anything and standard height but order those in any of these ways...1. matching interior and void the door for small bowls/ plates ..things that are used frequently and look good...2. SHALLOW depth so he wont have an issue w ? head knocking ? or whatever the issue.....3. standard height 4. glass doors if you dont want void door but want a little something different there.

the little corner shelves on the right dont do much and you are losing space w those..... ..I'd go back and re figure double doored cabinets...have one vertical stack on the left......maybe a bit wider and stick the microwave in that set up...that seems to be where you want it. .

Only one stack of big base drawers w all your space ? I really would redo this ..likely not music to your ears.

four double door cabinets on back wall.... closer to what I would want from all those avail feet:

:

Ardsley Custom · Еще