Houzz Logo Print
webuser_7469126

picking a shingle color

Libby Mundy
Месяцев назад: 5
Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 5

I am replacing my roof and using the Owen’s Corning shingles. I think I have narrowed it down to estate grey and Williamsburg grey. I know the estate grey is lighter and the Williamsburg grey is a darker grey and has earthy browns in it. What are your thoughts. I have done the picture of my house on their website. That is where I marked out peppercorn. I think it’s too many colors not matching the brick.

Комментарии: 8

• Rachel Lee

I agree

• millworkman

I would go even darker, a true black. Have your roofer pick up a full bundle of each and spread them out and then judge, do not go only by that tiny sample.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

Thr dark for sure and It would be interestong to see thehouse without the shutters I find it a bit busy with the trim one color and the shutters another . I think the shutter take away from the window detail . I love this look for brick houses and IO would look grat on yours with the garage door t too

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri

Darkest for sure.

The shutters stand out and not in a good way. Why don’t you match the shutters to your roof?

That’s a beautiful home! A dignified lady.

• cat_ky

I would lfind a charcoal, closer to the color you already have. I do not like the variation in the shingles of either of those you posted. You already have brick, that has a few colors, you dont need a roof, with variegated shades too. Get a more solid color very similar to what you have right now. I know you didnt ask about shutters, but, like the others above, the color on yours is not good. They should be a charcoal, like the color of your existing roof too. I would repaint the door too. Pick a nice color for the door, (brighter, more welcoming.). The door does not have to match the shutters. It should stand out on its own, welcoming your visitors. The grayish color doesnt look welcoming.

• Libby Mundy
    Автор

This is the onyx black. What do think about this one? And you are right I need to also paint my shutters.

• Libby Mundy
    Автор

This is the Williamsburg grey and I agree it is too many colors with the brick. I posted a picture of the onyx black. I didn’t think I wanted black until today.

Sponsored