Houzz Logo Print
girlinshape

Need help on window treatment

girlinshape
Месяцев назад: 9

I’m looking for advice on window treatment for room below. I’m thinking rollerblind but should I go plain fabric or pattern and what colour? The walls will be pale pink with end gable wall in the wallpaper below. I also have this red seat. The rest of the furniture is neutral white and I have gold accessories around the room . Flooring will be dark wood. Advice welcome?

Комментарии: 8

• girlinshape
    Автор
    Месяцев назад: 9

I like the idea of stripes, thank you

• PRO
    The JOY of Blinds and Shutters
    Месяцев назад: 8

Your colour scheme for the room sounds lovely. If your large gable wall is to be a feature using that multi-coloured wallpaper, it might be best to go for a plainish solution in your other windows. Is your heart set on blinds or have you also thought about shutters? Joy

• girlinshape
    Автор

Thank you. Yes, the gable wall will be a feature. I think you are right able going plain on the window. I don’t think shutters will go with the overall vibe of the house, it’s a very modern build (photo from the back attached). I’m wondering if a plain but bright pink might work?

• girlinshape
    Автор

Photo of house from back

• PRO
    The JOY of Blinds and Shutters

Yes, bright pink would work, especially if you picked out the 'fuschia pink' (?) from the gable wallpaper. I have a client whose entire house is pink - walls, carpets, furniture, ornaments, etc!

• siobhanmcgee90

Beautiful house. Consider something a little more muted colour than fuscia. It’s hard to live with at scale. There is a subtle pink in the flowers of the fabric that might work or the green from the leaves.

• Carol Minnigaff

I would go for a striped pattern on a roller or roman blind. I think a plain blind would be too samey as the 3 walls are going to be one colour.