Houzz Logo Print
karen_shoffner

Techo-Bloc alternatives

Kadi S.
Месяцев назад: 11

Hi!

We are getting ready to re-landscape our backyard and the architect has recommended TECHO-BLOC for walkway pavers, steps, patio-firepit and retaining walls. I just read the company’s website Care & Maintenance document and I think we should consider another product with lower maintenance.

TIA for any ideas and advice!!

Kadi

Комментарии: 6

• PRO
    Verdance Landscape Architecture
    Месяцев назад: 10

Kadi, what's giving you pause about maintaining the Techo-Bloc?

• Kadi S.

Hi, two things. High level of care & maintenance and negative customer reviews.

• PRO

Hmmm… I haven't heard of those issues so I'm sorry I can't provide any insights on those fronts. We specify Belgard pavers a lot; they don't have the comprehensive "systems" of walls-steps-pavers etc. that Techo-Bloc does, but they're great products that are attractive and durable, and the company is really easy to work with.

• Kadi S.
    Автор

Ok, thank you very much for your comments and advice. Are you familiar with Belgard ‘thin’ pavers that can be installed ontop of cement or pebble stone cement aggregate? I noted that was an advantage for Belgard over Techno-Bloc. Techno-Bloc is more modern, which is our preference. Thanks, again!

• PRO

At that point I’d just go with ceramic tiles. You’ll find vastly more options, including contemporary styles, than with any interlocking paver. The benefit of pavers like Belgard or Tech-Bloc is that they don’t require a concrete foundation, so materials and installation are less expensive. If you’re pouring a slab anyhow, those advantages go away.

• mtvhike

How does Tech-Bloc differ from Ready Rock (sp)?

Sponsored