Houzz Logo Print
webuser_289349974

I'm not sure where to get started in regards to a landscape plan

Laurel C
в прошлом году

I have a lot of prior gardening experience, and have a good idea of what I like/am willing to maintain, but most of that is in a totally different part of the country with different growing conditions and soil. We are having a house built and we aren't far from final grading. I'd like to work with a landscape architect/designer to come up with a plan so we can have hardscaping done prior to installing any fencing, and then I can start plugging away at plantings and whatnot. The style of our house and desired garden is far from the norm in our area, and I'm not sure where to get started in even trying to find someone who is willing to just do the design/hardscape work and none of the planting? I'd love some input.

Комментарии: 3

• einportlandor
    в прошлом году

Find independent nurseries in your area and see what they have to offer. A couple of larger nurseries in my area offer design services for very reasonable costs. They also do as much of the installation as you're willing to pay for. Both nurseries then offer a discount on any plants you purchase off the plan they created. Smaller nurseries work with landscapers regularly and may be able to give you referrals. NextDoor is another good resource for referrals.

IMO landscape architects are overkill for most home gardens unless you have a grand property with an even grander budget. Landscape designers from big and small companies can help you plan and execute a beautiful garden. Good luck!

• Laurel C
    Автор
    в прошлом году

@einportlandor Thank you for your input! We definitely do not have a particularly grand budget after what we're spending on this house, but there are a few hardscape things I definitely want to incorporate, and would like some help in regards to grading choices. I'll check out some local nurseries.

Thanks!

• PRO
    Verdance Landscape Architecture
    в прошлом году

@Laurel C, try the "Find A Designer" link at www.apld.org . A professional landscape designer probably will be more helpful with the grading and hardscape ideas and planning.

Sponsored