Houzz Logo Print
piaa

Lighter version of BM Brushed Aluminum?

piaa
в прошлом году

Hi everyone - might anyone have an idea if there is a lighter version of Benjamin Moore Brushed Aluminum please but keeping the same undertones .. a "white" version would be fabulous (if that makes any sense)

The dilemma is the master bathroom - we have decided (I think) to paint the master bedroom Brushed Aluminum which in our light is a strange dark green/grey but might be perfect but is too dark for the bathroom as I want to keep the bathroom fresh and spa like but not sterile which it is now.

The floor of the bathroom is calacatta marble but I screwed up with the countertop which is a very stark white marble so if I match the paint to the soft green/cream/grey in the floor it is too green next to the countertop and if I go more grey (which might match the floor as well) when looking from the master bedroom it clashes with the BM Brushed Aluminum ... help please

Комментарии: 6

• lynzy1
    в прошлом году

What happens if you just have Brushed Aluminum cut by 50%? Maybe try a sample mix of that.

piaa поблагодарил(а): lynzy1
  • kandrewspa
    в прошлом году

1486 Winterwood is the next lightest color to Brushed Aluminum, but that is still pretty dark. You can ask the paint store to cut the tint by 50%. The BM website shows Horizon Gray as being similar to Winterwood. It has two lighter versions, Vanilla Milkshake 2141-70 and Titanium 2141-60. Vanilla Milkshake is very light, almost white. Maybe one of these will work for you.

piaa поблагодарил(а): kandrewspa
  • artemis78
    в прошлом году

You could try having BM just lighten the Brushed Aluminum and see what you get--it's not a perfect science by any means but could work. We are using BM Swiss Coffee as the white for an exterior color scheme with BM Sage Mountain, which is on the Brushed Aluminum color strip about three colors up. Swiss Coffee has slight green/gray undertones in some light--seemed to have a similar feel to the Sage Mountain (and also the Winterwood, which we sampled too). We also used it in our bathroom against mint green tile with Carrara-look quartz counters (more white) and actual Carrara shower curbs (softer gray). It seems to work nicely with all three. So maybe try that if you want a real white? You could also test some of the lighter colors that BM recommends on their website as similar or matching colors to Brushed Aluminum and see if any have the same undertones.

What color are your cabinets?

piaa поблагодарил(а): artemis78
  • Marylee H
    в прошлом году

These are from the same Yellow Hue Family neighbourhood as Brushed Aluminium.

Plus as they are existing colours, you can pull paint chips to make visual comparisons in situ.

Depending upon available light quality, each can appear smewhat greenish or flash a little blue.

• Marylee H
    в прошлом году

piaa поблагодарил(а): Marylee H
Sponsored