Houzz Logo Print
webuser_907378195

Small extension small budget

Sophia F
в прошлом году
Последние изменения: в прошлом году

Hello all! we are buying a 1930s house and are wondering how to make a larger kitchen diner out of it on a small budget. option 1 knock the wall down between kitchen and dining room (£8k due to steel needed) option 2 which would be our prefered move kitchen to dining room and add a small aprox 3m out by 3.5m wide extension. So we could keep the kitchen and make into a utility room! however quotes for this are coming back at £35k without the moving of kitchen etc. we only have £25k as need to keep a little back for the floor and kitchen any thoughts or ideas?! were thinking of a modern lean to. my partners friends are achitects so can do the drawing and even help with some of the diy .. thoughts would beamazing! costs are crazy atm!!

Комментарии: 3

• PRO
    9yards architecture
    в прошлом году

Ouch! £25,000 seems a very small budget for any size of extension Sophia, even at the lower prices we have here in N. Ireland. Especially as that presumably has to include VAT (so a pre-VAT budget of £21,000). It looks like an internal reconfiguration is going to be the answer and could give you a really great space and a decent chunk of money left over for some nice sympathetic finishes. Love the 1930's houses, they tend to be well proportioned compared to modern standards. Best of luck with your plans :)

• rosemonde
    в прошлом году

I agree with 9yards, I don’t think you can do an extension within your budget.

• katlucy
    в прошлом году

If you move the kitchen to the dining room and have an island with stools……I was wondering if you could keep the fireplace and open the walls either side might be cheaper. you could have a pantry to the left of the fireplace and keep the right side open for a breakfast nook with the two windowsat the garden end of the current kitchen…. a small utility, for now by the WC whilst you save for a full width extension?