Houzz Logo Print
njmomma

BM Black Shade of Paint Help Needed.

njmomma
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Hi Houzzers!

Please advice. I am wracking my brain. Really want to get this right.

What Shade of Benjamin Moore Back Paint compliments Benjamin Moore Everlasting 1038 also known as Thousand Islands CC-308?

Or is there a better Black Shade of Color that works with Everlasting (Thousand Islands) from another company, possibly Sherwin Williams?

Комментарии: 18

• PRO
    Elizabeth Minish Design

It would be helpful to know what you're painting. Interior? Exterior? Thousand Islands is a mid-tone beige. Any black is going to have a high contrast and is likely to work with it. Are there any other blacks that it needs to coordinate with, because that is really what you need to be looking at.

njmomma поблагодарил(а): Elizabeth Minish Design
  • njmomma
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

@Elizabeth Minish Design

So sorry, I am on these boards enough, I should know better to give more info.

I need interior paint.

Will be using Black as an accent color, for the backs of white shelves and the interior front door and sidelights in my foyer. Walls will be BM Everlasting. White trim (probably need a shade of white too, I'm all over the place).

Any and all help is appreciate. Thank you.

• njmomma
    Автор

If you need more info, just ask away.

• Marylee H

Black suggestions from the complementary Purple-Blue Hue Family to Everlasting, which is from the Yellow Hue Family.

Complementary colours are ’lovers’. They emphasise each other’s key attributes.

njmomma поблагодарил(а): Marylee H
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

BM suggest Simply White for a white and as for black I would not love black with that wall color.Have you looked at Raccoon Fur with your wall color.

njmomma поблагодарил(а): Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • cat_ky

BM onyx is a true black with no undertones. Black Beauty is a nice BM black. Soot is a charcoal almost black, as is Racoon fur mentioned above. However both of them, can show a lot of blue in some lighting. I would go with a nice white paint, for your white, that doesnt show any yellow. Maybe take a look at chantilly lace. I did do all my trim in the entire house in racoon fur one time, and in some rooms, it showed very bluish. A yr later, I redid it all in a true black, that I like a lot better

njmomma поблагодарил(а): cat_ky
  • njmomma
    Автор

@Patricia Colwell Consulting I will check out that color.

• Marylee H

You can find blacks from every Hue Family.

Some are uber-near-neutral, but all have enough Chroma to be identified as belonging to one of them.

Farrow & Ball Pitch Black and BM Black are from the opposite side of the colour wheel to Everlasting. They would offer a dynamic contrast.

For a somewhat softer contrast, choosing a dark near neutral from the same Hue Family neighbourhood as Everlasting, would be an alternative.

See SW Black Fox

https://thelandofcolor.com/best-black-and-dark-gray-paint-colors/

#huefamilies

• njmomma
    Автор

@cat_ky

Thanks for info on seeing blue. I appreciate it.

• Marylee H

Also SW Urbane Bronze is from the same Yellow Hue Family neighbourhood as Everlasting.

It also offers a dark contrast, but with the capacity to appear almost charcoal, dark brown, bronze or even flash a little green. Sometimes a more complex colour like this brings more to the partnership than a more straightforward black.

🌈

• njmomma
    Автор

@Marlee H

I actually had SW Black Fox on my radar.

I have a lot of brown in the home. Dark Brown Floors and chocolate leather chairs in front of the White Shelves in my living room.

and

Sand colored porcelain tile on the floor in my foyer, where I would paint the interior of the door and sidelights.

Are you saying SW Black Fox can pair well with BM Everlasting?

• njmomma
    Автор

I so appreciate everyone's help.

• njmomma
    Автор

@Marylee H

I love the education, but I also feel I am in a Chemistry Class and I ran out of that class after 2 weeks :-)

I so appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

I will be getting samples and trying out colors. Again Thank you.

• njmomma
    Автор

@Marylee H

The SW Black Fox looks beautiful and I started accessorizing with White accessories.

Haven't painted the walls, yet, but I just know it's going to look awesome.

Thanks again.

• mxk3 z5b_MI

I just had window frames painted in the SW Black Fox, and it's reading as very dark brown -- a soft blackish-brown, if you will. It looks great but just mentioning that it is not a true black. Comparing with other paint chips, you should be able to see the difference.

• njmomma
    Автор

Yes! Your correct, it is not a true black. It’s a soft blackish brown. It will pair perfectly with my wall paint.

• Marylee H

Oh fab! would love to see a photo when you are done?

Very thoughtful of you to give us some feedback.

Thank you!

🌈

Sponsored