Houzz Logo Print
lspendl828

Opinions on window colour

lspendl 828
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

I’d really appreciate your opinions (again) with window colour. Had the back done last year in anthracite – now about to order the front but I want something softer (not anthracite) and more tonally in tune with the brick colour. I’ve done loads of research on colour measurement ‘til it’s coming out of my ears and narrowed the choice down to these three which sit in the adjacent yellow hue family to our bricks: -

RAL7039 Quartz Grey

RAL7030 Stone Grey

RAL7023 Concrete Grey

These are available as custom colours at a cost premium of 33%.

The window company suggested RAL7038 Agate Grey/Painswick

which is available as a standard colour and therefore at no extra cost. It’s lighter than I thought I wanted but I do like it, but does it go with the brick? It sits just outside the yellow hue family.

I think I’m more drawn to the Quartz Grey but just want to be sure since it costs an extra £3.5k on top.

What do you think?

Комментарии: 17

• T S

I like the concrete grey, if you want a softer look.

• Juliet Docherty

I like the Quartz Grey. Gut feeling....

• Daisy England

Quartz grey definitely

• Jo@homeinWiltshire

Ral 7039 Quartz Grey. I’ve recently had Ral 7039 doors and windows fitted and I love them.

• lspendl 828
    Автор

Thanks everyone. That’s given me some comfort that I’m not getting it wrong. Jo have you got any pics you could share?

• Jo@homeinWiltshire

Give me a couple of days and I'll try and post some pictures.

• Sonia

My sister has a yellow brick house and she has chosen dark grey windows similar to the Quartz Grey and it looks really good. For her front door and garage door she chose the palest of grey-green. Beautiful.

• lspendl 828
    Автор

Great, thanks Jo. Your sister’s home sounds lovely, Sonia. Front door and garage door colours will be my next quandary. 😳

• PRO
    Openlight

Hi Ispendl 828,

I'm a researcher with Openlight, a new startup looking to change the way homeowners buy and install windows in their home. We're at the very early stages of our business and looking to chat with people like you to learn more about your experiences and what can be improved. Would you be willing to have a conversation with us? Let me know and we can figure out the best way to get in touch.

Thank you for your time and help!

• Ruth House

I like the mid tone ones. We have gone for similar and it looks contemporary and stylish in my opinion.

• lspendl 828
    Автор

Hi Ruth, do you mean the Stone Grey and/or Concrete Grey? I was in the window shop today and spied a sample lying on the floor. It was a mid grey with a browny quality which I really liked and brought it home to put next to my bricks. Unfortunately, the person in the showroom couldn’t tell us what colour it was, it didn’t match any of her swatches and the MD has gone to Australia on holiday. It seemed very much like the Stone/Concrete colour. I feel like I’ve been stopped in my tracks just as I was about to commit to Quartz Grey. 🤔

• Ruth House

Yes the stone grey. Personally I think the quartz is so dark it may as well be anthracite, it gives the same overall effect (too dark in my opinion). We have ral 7040 actually called Window grey.

I think the agate grey is too pale for your brick colour.

I completely understand your dilemma it took us ages to decide but we are very happy in the end. Good luck!

• lspendl 828
    Автор

Any chance of a pic showing what you did Ruth? I remember from your previous post that your house is very similar looking to mine. TIA

• Ruth House

Our new windows are Ral 7040 Window grey. With matching metal garage door. Porch will be changed when budget allows - probably an oak effect style like the picture

• Ruth House

Our brick is more of a red shade than your yellow. It's so hard I know.

• lspendl 828
    Автор

Thanks for that. I think you’re right, our bricks are more yellow than yours. The mid tone grey is the way to go for us too. Thank you. That’s a very nice porch you’re getting!