Houzz Logo Print
ini_okereke

New house, crazy layout

Ini O
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

I just got a new house but the layout need some help. Please see pic attached. The lounge and dining are a new extension but I think the flow just doesn't work. I am thinking of keeping the kitchen in the front but opening it up throught the utility and reception area to have one open plan kitchen family area with glass door to the dining area. Happy to hear suggestions please..

Комментарии: 9

• Richard L

Back reception becomes dining - opening into the consevatory for a bright breakfast room.

Kitchen moves to the dining room and possibly open up to the dining/conservatory?

I don't know whats feasible re utilities?

Also looks like front door 'might' open right through double doors into the main family room - removing the hall cupboard?

So your public/entertainment route is front door - right - family room opens into open plan kitchen diner through to the conservatory/back garden.

Your private side on the left, via the hall snug/lounge etc.

Just thoughts...

• Ini O
    Автор

Thanks Richard. Initial though was the lovely double doors led to the lounge  surprised it was storage, removal should create a better flow.

Was being conservative regarding switching kitchen front to back just in case utilities became an issue once the space was opened up.

Thanks for your feedback!

• Jonathan

Please post a second floor plan

• Ini O
    Автор

Hi Jonathan, this is the first floor. To add the dining room, family room and bedroom 1are all extensions

• Jane Botham

Hi. All sounds good but where would your utility go…. in the room behind the garage?

• Ini O
    Автор

Hi Jane, was going to incorporate that into the new kitchen/diner/family units. Area behind  the garage would be a coat/boot room. 

The layout shared is just incase I have issues moving plumbing and gas works around, thus restricting me from moving the kitchen to the back (dining/reception area).
    Started considering this conservative approach just in case the cost for relocating the kitchen goes way off my bugdet. This is me trying to get a lovely and functional plan B option.

On the first floor I would like to make the ensuite bigger and use bedroom 3 as a dressing room.

• PRO
    JL INTERIOR DESIGN STUDIO

Hello

Congratulations on your new home!

Now you have a difficult task to bring the house in order.

We can help you with space planning to make it as comfortable as possible for your future life. We have a few ideas on how to change it. If you send us plans by mail, we will prepare drawings for you.

My email address: info@lykasova.co.uk

Kind wishes,

Jenya

• Ini O
    Автор

Wow this looks fab Jonathan. The ground floor makes so much more sense. I was also thinking how to make the cloakroom bigger!

So glad I posted my lil conundrum here. Thanks all