Houzz Logo Print
sf1016

Furniture placement suggestions

S F
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

“Formal living” space directly inside front door. Room is 14’ x 10.5’. We rarely use this room. Hoping to use some furniture I already own for main pieces but would consider purchasing, as well. Have leather sofa and chair, two accent chairs, coffee and matching side table. Hoping for suggestions on furniture placement, how to make this work. I’m clueless and overwhelmed. Thanks for helping.

Комментарии: 6

• Lyn Nielson

Do you walk around that column or through the room?

I would put the sofa back to the entry (get a sofa table to throw keys/phone on.

put the upholstered chairs opposite with Large art on wall. Table between.

Leather club chair in corner by window, next to sofa. (where you have it.

an area rug, of course. Some drape panels high on the wall, pulled to the sides to reveal the nice arch trim moulding.

• Amy Lynn

I agree with RL, no sofa back to entry. That would seem a very uninviting entry into your home. I like the sofa and 2 chairs you have. You just need to added the filler pieces and accessories, as state above. The other thing you may think of is a different light fixture. The one that's there doesn't seem to go with what you have.

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC

• S F
    Автор

Thank you! I just hung that light fixture there, haha. I purchased it for my stairway but didn’t like it there either. Suggestions for a light that works with the space? Appreciate the help

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO

The layout you currently have seems to work. However we might suggest adding some end tables, lamps, a rug to ground the space, a plant, some pillows, and some artwork. Here are just a few ideas from various designs we have done over the years.

Denver Townhome Renovation And Decor · Еще

Downtown Denver Condo · Еще

Cherry Hills Residence · Еще

Downtown Townhouse · Еще