Houzz Logo Print
joanie_appelbaum

Help finding the right bed!

J. Appelbaum
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

I'm over the bedskirt look for my master bedroom. We've been updating and want a bed that will work withour current night stands and dresser. Many platform beds are too low. Thank you for suggestions!

Комментарии: 10

• J. Appelbaum
    Автор

We plan to update the ceiling fan and get a different bench at the end of the bed. Also, to get a rug. May move the sofa in the sitting area out.

• Aphaea

You might look at beds from Charles P. Rogers, a US-based firm that been around since the mid-nineteenth century. They have various beds but you can also buy separate bedding pieces (mattress, foundation, frame) if you prefer.

J. Appelbaum поблагодарил(а): Aphaea
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

I think we need to know a bit more about what you want as to style . I have never owned a bed with a box spring only platform beds . My guest room has a platform that is higher off the floor and it is a queen so I just use a king coverlet no bedskirt . I think you have a very contemorary bedroom so IMO a platform would be perfect but have you looked at getting just a thinner box spring to lower the bed you have . I ac't reallty see you bed so not sure what the base looks like .IMO some of your furniture is really too traditional for that space and I always like headbord with a bed . What size bed do you want?

J. Appelbaum поблагодарил(а): Patricia Colwell Consulting
  • J. Appelbaum
    Автор

We have a king size bed in this space and want to continue with this. I want to modernize the look and realize that the bed will be lower than what it currently is, but don't want what would be considered as very low. Like this Pottery Barn bed, but believe the mattress top will be about 10" lower than our current mattress. Does it also matter that nightstand tops are higher like pictured here?

• J. Appelbaum
    Автор

If I were to use a bed like this one, is it too square with the rounded edges of my nightstands?

• decoenthusiaste

1" above or below arms; level with mattress top.

J. Appelbaum поблагодарил(а): decoenthusiaste
  • J. Appelbaum
    Автор

So that Pottery Barn photo above with the higher top nightstands is not what I should do, right?

• J. Appelbaum
    Автор

My nightstands are 26" high. I suppose I need to see if there are platform beds that would come up that high. We'd be in the market for a new mattress, but would need to consider the height of that too. Thank you!

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO

Here are a few of the bedrooms we have designed. Please take note of the beds along with the nightstands. Maybe this will aid you with your dilemma some.

Denver Townhome Renovation And Decor · Еще

Denver Townhome Renovation And Decor · Еще

Observatory Park Home Renovation & Decor · Еще

Downtown Denver Condo · Еще

Evergreen Design and Decor · Еще

Cherry Hills Residence: Bedroom 1 · Еще

Castle Pines Village · Еще

J. Appelbaum поблагодарил(а): MARGARITA BRAVO
Sponsored