Houzz Logo Print
emily_mulloy

Furniture layout for room with two exterior doors

Emily Alvarez
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

I'm stuck! My husband and I just bought our first home and I have no clue how to layout the furniture in our living room. The room is an addition and is a step down from the kitchen. On one side is the patio door and the other side is the entry from the garage. We plan to mount a TV into the fireplace, replace the carpet with luxury vinyl, and possibly add built-ins next to the fireplace. Open to any ideas!

Комментарии: 4

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.

Dimensions?

• Maureen
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Suggest doing an on line room planner adding exact dimensions and structural components. Test different combinations and consider what seating works best for your family‘s comfort and room’s functionality. If wall is long enough before garage door, a sectional with this layout might work well, as traffic flow is not interrupted. Add large art on that walll as well.

You could add a chair to the left of door and tv on the other side, instead of over fireplace.

I think the sides next to fireplace may be too narrow to add anything, but hard to tell.

If too narrow, just accessorize. Congratulations on your first home.

• Emily Alvarez
    Автор

Adding floor plan with dimensions here! There is 7 feet on each side of the patio door and window.

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO

You might try placing the TV either next to the fireplace (depending on its dimensions) or on an articulating arm on the blank wall so that you can easily pull the TV off the wall and adjust it accordingly. Below are some furniture layouts which might aid you with your dilemma.

Denver Townhome Renovation And Decor · Еще

Highlands Townhome Renovation and Decor · Еще

Observatory Park Home Renovation & Decor · Еще

Sponsored