Houzz Logo Print
alexs_lee

How should I design the lighting in my low ceiling living room?

Alex S Lee
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Hello,

My home living room has very low ceiling and beamed..it is old house and the previous owner renovated it in this way. Because it’s low ceiling and beamed, there is no place for the chandlier and no lighting on the ceiling. The ceiling is basically the floor of the second floor so installing some kind of cap light isn’t an option either. Currently, we are using multiple floor lamps hooked up to the wall outlets that can be contorlled by the light switch. Could you please recommend what lighting option do we have? The ceiling height is 8’ 11” and the length of the each beam is about 7’11”. we would love to have some light from the ceiling.

Комментарии: 3

• wdccruise
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Are those beams (or the trim that appears to be affixed to the undersides) hollow? If so, you could run wires through them for recessed lights.

Babson · Еще

Tallman Segerson Portfolio · Еще

• palimpsest

Small track lighting to the sides of the beams or cable lighting strung wall to all between the beams.

• PRO
    Globe Electric

Hey Alex, you could definitely set up some recessed lights with a pendant in the middle. You can check outthis ideabook for more inspirations!

Sponsored