Houzz Logo Print
webuser_125329070

TV above fire: Yes or no?

Steph
Год(а)/Лет назад: 2
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Hello, we've recently moved into our new home and looking for advice / guidance on whether the TV could go above the open fire? Please see pictures below.

We were thinking about potentially putting the couch that is currently facing the TV, on the wall the TV is currently on, then putting the TV above the fireplace, and perhaps a couple of small arm chairs to the right of the fireplace just to keep the living area 'separate'. I feel like this could open the room up a lot more, but very open to suggestions. Our biggest worry is the TV being too high? We'd be open to putting a mantel or something in the middle to help with the heat. We'd probably only use the fireplace for about 3 months of the year.

Thanks in advance for any advice / tips you may have.

Steph

View to outside - if you were sitting where the TV currently is :)

Комментарии: 16

• Kate

The tv will be too high above fireplace. Can U swap living and dining?

Steph поблагодарил(а): Kate
  • Julie Herbert

Great idea from Kate, you could switch rooms, your table and chairs and buffet and artwork would look beautiful near kitchen, add some gorgeous pendant lights , put your RV and RV unit on wall, flip couches around so you take in full window view, other couch with back to room, could look beautiful and open up the space.

Steph поблагодарил(а): Julie Herbert
  • 22anna

I agree the TV will sit too high but it will open up the room. The room looks beautiful as it is. I presume dinning table is right next to the kitchen. I believe swapping the rooms will make dinning there on a day to day basis inconvenient but give it a try. You never know.

Steph поблагодарил(а): 22anna
  • K s

Agree with 22anna, the room looks fine as is.

Steph поблагодарил(а): K s
  • Steph
    Автор

Thank you all very much for taking the time to reply to my comment, your tips & advice are much appreciated. I’ve never actually thought about switching the rooms around! I will have a play around with it and see how it could look. Thanks again 😊

• Kate

Looks great.

• 22anna

Yes looks great Steph. It’s nice to change things up occasionally.
    Your floors are lovely. Can you let me know what kind of wood they are.

Steph поблагодарил(а): 22anna
  • Julie Herbert

Wow that looks gorgeous , your furniture looks really beautiful, a beautiful new look ❤️

Steph поблагодарил(а): Julie Herbert
  • Kate

You can always swap in winter when you want the fireplace more than the view.

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting

Swapping the rooms has worked from my point of view.

The fireplace is way too beatiful to be covered by a TV.

The air con is better too as theres nothing worse than having it blowing over you while you eat, yet now will be good in summer when watching TV.

Its not a huge space by the look of it but for all intents and purposes it all looks amazing.

Steph поблагодарил(а): MB Design & Drafting
  • bigreader

Steph, are you able to share the measurements of your rooms? I’d love in particular to know the wall to the window length. I’m planning a renovation and want a room that is big enough but not too big, and your side-by-side living/dining is the same arrangement as I will have. Thx.

• Steph
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

Hi @bigreader the wall between the fireplace and window (that the tv is on) is 3.3m. I'll try to pop a floor plan up which has room measurements.

@22anna Thank you, we love the floors too, but they were here when we moved in so not sure exactly what they are, they're just a floating laminate if that helps, sorry :(

• Steph
    Автор

• bigreader

Thank you for the plan. It helps a lot.

• PRO
    Melbourne Design Studios (MDS)

I like the idea of utlilising the space above the fire. Have you considered a drop-down screen with a short-throw projector in front ? That coudl work quite well, as it would allow you to free up the room as per your original thoughts without focusing so much on the TV. What do you reckon ?