Houzz Logo Print
webuser_76155898

Lighting choices-daylight, soft light, etc.

Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

We are picking out ceiling lights for a somewhat open floor plan (kitchen, island, dining area, living room), and are realizing that some of the lights we have are soft light (sort of a yellow light), and others are more of a white light.

Do people generally get all the same color lights? Is it odd to have some white, some yellow?

Thanks.

Комментарии: 3

• Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

I can't stand when the lights are different. Having some of the warmer white and some daylight just makes the warmer look way too yellow and the daylight look way too blue.

I would get 4000k for all.

John Lane поблагодарил(а): Melissa R
  • PRO

Never use 4000K for interiors unless it is a manufacturing plant or big box store. 2700K mimics incandescent, however I find that areas like kitchens and baths do well with 3000K. If you have an open floor plan and are not comfortable with mixing temperatures between spaces then 3000K would be a best approach. My design work is all about stress reduction. Proper lighting is a huge part of what I do for clients.

John Lane поблагодарил(а): The Reflective Designer
  • PRO

I’m with reflective design- 4000 is strictly for commercial, 2700-3000 for residential. For most of my older clients I use 2700 because they aren’t even aware I switched to led that way and it will match other parts of the house that are still incandescent. My personal home is all 3000 which is just slightly whiter. The painting studio downstairs from my office uses 4000...

Sponsored