Houzz Logo Print
jgchouse

Kraftmaid Warm White Cabinets?

jhouse
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Does anyone have Warm White cabinets by Kraftmaid? The Kraftmaid consultant said there are now 3 white options: Dove White (bright), Warm White, and Canvas. She said the Warm White was the compromise between a brighter white and cream (Canvas). Ideally, I want cabinets the color of Benjamin Moore White Dove (not to be mistaken with Kraftmaid's Dove White!). I can't find many pictures of Warm White by Kraftmaid--maybe it's a new option?

Комментарии: 251

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    в прошлом году

I do believe the new samples will have the new topcoat - that was the impression I was given.

• cupofkindnessgw
    в прошлом году

@Debbi Washburn Do you have any additional information about the new finish and how it affects the appearance of the cabinet? Would you recommend that I call Kraftmaid for more information? Thank you!

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    в прошлом году

The difference is very subtle. I always recommend that my customers order a door sample when they are at the selection phase.

• Roseanna Hallman
    в прошлом году

This is a further update on the super fragile nature of Krap-maid factory painted cabinets. Context for this photo: they’re installed in the back of a bedroom. I live alone. No pets. I use these cabinets to store quilts. They have almost zero contact with anything alive if you don’t count the plant on the opposite side of the bench. I designed it with a bench because of the window (brick house). Just imagine the what they’d look like if you have young children or a dog? Honestly, this was the biggest mistake of my remodel. It was far the most costly mistake.

• cupofkindnessgw
    в прошлом году

@Roseanna Hallman That's a bummer, I'm sorry your cabinets turned out like this.

What year did you have these cabinets installed?

Perhaps you should talk to the designer where you bought them and see if free replacements are available.

• Roseanna Hallman
    в прошлом году

They were installed 18 months ago. Purchased through Home Depot, but their installer wasn’t available for four months, and we couldn’t afford anymore remodeling delays, so our GC installed them. Our kitchen was installed by the same GC, are also Kraftmaid, but aren’t painted, they’re stained. No, they don’t look like they were made by a craftsman but they’re holding up fine.
    The designer at HD said “that’s what the touch up kit is for.”
    Honestly, I think the paint comes off when the wind blows outside. I have elsewhere in the room two pieces of factory-painted white furniture (both from Safavieh) and they get bumped the Roomba, and I open and shut the drawers multiple times a day and they look like they’re brand new after five years. If I had it to do over again, I would drive the five hundred miles to IKEA and get cabinets there. Let me also add that I’m an architect and used to specialize in restoration architecture. I’m used to seeing lots of junk. But I expected at least “adequate” finishes for a “light wear” situation. They don’t even meet that low bar. I would never recommend anyone purchase a pre-painted cabinet from Kraftmaid. HD did replace some of the glides, but as it turned out the drawer sides themselves started to warp almost immediately on those drawers. And no, there’s no moisture problem. (Considering my years in historic restorations I’m hyper careful about such things.)
    How many remodels can you afford in your lifetime in a particular house? I lived in my last house for 25 years and only remodeled once. Does anyone want to drop 1000s of dollars on cabinets that flake paint without anything ever touching them??

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    в прошлом году

That is odd - I have sold Kraftmaid for over 30 years and never had a drawer warp .

So sorry you are having these problems. I would call Kraftmaid direct and speak with customer service. You may be able to get a finish medic to come out and repair that. They certainly can replace the drawer for you as well.

Best of luck!

• Paige
    в прошлом году
    Последние изменения: в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 Your cabinets and backsplash look beautiful! We are going with Kraftmaid and really don't want stark white (Dove White). The Warm White looked pretty yellow in Lowe's, but yours don't look like that at all, so I'm a bit confused. Did you order them with any special topcoats, like the suede? The color white in your photo is the exact color we want. Also, can you tell me the name of the tiles you used?? TIA!

• Paige
    в прошлом году

Hi, @Debbi Washburn! Since you've sold KM for a long time, I hope you can answer my question... Our KM rep at Lowe's said that the only difference in KM and KM Momentum is the limited choices of color, door style, available pieces, and the length of warranty (in Momentum). Is this true? We were thinking of doing the KM Momentum in our laundry, mudroom, and bathrooms to save some money, and the KM in our kitchen (only if the color we choose is unavailable in KM Momentum).

• kbaustin16
    в прошлом году

Paige, we didn’t use any top coats. If you’re looking at the stark Dove White and Warm White, next to each other at Lowes, it will probably look yellowish. I don’t see any yellow in mine by itself. We have lots of natural light that comes into our kitchen too.

• Paige
    в прошлом году

Thanks, @kbaustin16. This helps a lot. Did you use the same warm color for your trim throughout your home as well? We had been looking at SW Alabaster for trim, since I’d seen it in another home and it looked ”white”… This is our first build and it’s been rather difficult choosing colors.

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    в прошлом году

Paige - KM Momentum is a stripped down version of KM. HD and Lowes are notorious for beating up vendors to have exclusives. I looked it up and it "appears" to be the same as the regular KM but with less options, less modifications and less specialty items . It would be fine for for what you want to use it for .

• Paige
    в прошлом году

Thanks so much for clearing that up!!

• Renee Michelle
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 kbaustin16 - do you know which crown molding you have in your kitchen? We also ordered warm white cabinets and I am inspired by a lot of your kitchen choices! Looks beautiful. I believe the crown we have is called “angle”?

• kbaustin16
    в прошлом году

Renee-The crown in the kitchen is part of the cabinet order through KM..I believe it’s 6 inch crown. On another note, I did order the warm white touch up paint from KM, and it’s not a match to my warm white cabinets. Not sure what’s going on there. So be careful!

• Paige
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 What paint color is your trim? Is it the same color as the Warm White?

• kbaustin16
    в прошлом году

Paige- Are you talking about the toe kick under the cabinets or the baseboard coming from the dining room? The toe kick is matched to the cabinet color and is part of the cabinet package. The house baseboard is a custom color we matched from the can of trim paint the previous owners left so it isn’t the same color. But it’s close. The crown is also part of the cabinets too.

• Abi AI
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 hello, good morning.

can you please share the link or the info of your kitchen hardware?

• Abi AI
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 I forgot to ask - can you also add the size of the handles please?

• Abi AI
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16

Thank you so much for your help!! Hopefully I can share our finish kitchen soon. This has been a very long process.

• Paige
    в прошлом году

@kbaustin16 I was referring to the crown throughout the house. We love the warm white color for the cabinets, but can't commit to using it as our trim color all over. Thanks for the answer!

• Sara
    в прошлом году

I have been following this thread closely for quite a while as we work on planning for a kitchen remodel. A Home Depot in our area recently installed a new display with the Warm White cabinets. It was so helpful to see a full size display! They looked beautiful in person. The lowers in this display are Midnight.

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

I absolutely love my Warm White Kraftmaid kitchen cabinets from Home Depot-I still pinch myself when I walk into my kitchen-I went with Silestone Silken Pearl quartz countertop and an off white subway tile-I found knobs in eBay instead of using any drawer pulls-Choosing everything was a slow process as it will be the last time we renovate this kitchen-Same with the floors and the sink and lighting-You’ll love them and look forward to seeing your completion

• kathleen zaun
    в прошлом году

I cannot decide between warm white and canvas for my KM kitchen remodel. Can anyone shed some light on the undertones?

• Sara
    в прошлом году

@kathleen zaun - I used Maria Killiam’s color wheel to look at the different white Kraftmaid cabinet options. Dove White is a blue white, Warm White is an off white, and Canvas is a cream. Canvas has more yellow undertones for sure.

• lindyhopper25
    в прошлом году

I just finished kitchen reno and have Warm White. I like the color, which looks not really off white, just not chalky like Dove White.

в прошлом году

Thank you all so much! The color wheel info is exactly what I was looking for!

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

Some pictures

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

My only issue was not being able to get a bisque colored dishwasher n had to go with white-ugh-hubs said I’ll get used to it but I haven’t! I’m going to have the front panel spray painted to blend in 🤷‍♀️

• PRO
    The Kitchen Place
    в прошлом году

You can always get a stainless steel DW?

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

Yes but didn’t want stainless-I actually could’ve gotten the bisque but it was a years wait n the installer of the quartz countertop needed one in place before the countertop was installed 🤷‍♀️

• Estee Notsay
    в прошлом году

@Jean Parisi Your kitchen looks lovely! you said the backsplash is off white. Would you mind sharing the brand and color? My cabinets are going to be warm white, and my counter is white with taupes, grays, and silver flecks. Thank you!

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

@ Ester Notsay

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Antique-White-4-in-x-12-in-Glossy-Ceramic-Subway-Wall-Tile-2-sq-ft-Case-SMOT-PT-AW412/206634006

• Jean Parisi
    в прошлом году

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/MSI-Antique-White-4-in-x-12-in-Glossy-Ceramic-Subway-Wall-Tile-2-sq-ft-Case-SMOT-PT-AW412/206634006

• cupofkindnessgw
    в прошлом году

I have found new Kraftmaid door samples at Lowe's which are done in the latest top coat finish (something between the semi-gloss former "standard" finish and the matte "Suede" premium finish which has been discontinued). I would call the finish nearly matte, with a slight "egg shell" sheen. I'm pleased with the new Dove White paint finish. It is still a cool white but looks much better with less shine.

в прошлом году

Hello, wondering if anyone purchased the cabinets Evercore doors? We got a recommendation from a showroom, stating they paint better than the wood.

• Bella Bella
    Месяцев назад: 11

Do y mind sharing picture of the kitchen please

• Bella Bella
    Месяцев назад: 10

Please share your picture of warm white cabinets or white dove?

• cupofkindnessgw
    Месяцев назад: 10

@Bella Bella

Mine were just installed and the Kraftmaid white dove cabinets are a cool gray white. I'll post pictures when the kitchen is done.

• Mary Hughes
    Месяцев назад: 9
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 9

What color wall paint and trim have you used with the warm white cabinets?

• Jean Parisi

Cloud white by Benjamin Moore

• Jean Parisi

Love my cabinets n kitchen though it’s not open concept it’s beautiful

• Sara
    Месяцев назад: 2

Hello! We went with Warm White Kraftmaid cabinets and I found this thread very helpful during the selection process, so I thought I would follow up with a couple photos now that we are nearly done.

In short, we LOVE the Warm White! It is beautiful and creamy and not stark at all. It is a very timeless color that I think we will be happy with for a long time.

Backsplash - I will say that we did have a hard time finding a backsplash tile we liked with the color (and we did a LOT of looking). We ended up going with a beadboard that was color matched to the cabinets. I am happy with how this turned out, and we can add stone or tile down the road if we find something we like in the future.

Countertops - We used Taj Mahal quartzite, and it looks very pretty with the cabinet color. The stone is beautiful and ended up being my favorite part. The slab we selected picked up on the creamy white of the cabinets and added a bit of contrast.

Trim - We are still working on the main floor update we are doing and haven’t gotten to trim yet, but I believe we are going to use Sherwin Williams Alabaster as a slightly creamier white to work with the kitchen palette.

I hope this helps someone else in the decision-making process! It can be very daunting to select a cabinet color. We have been really happy with this choice.

• Mary Hughes

Beautiful

• Rene’ Audet

Beautiful! Love the countertop! We went with alabaster walls/trim, Cloe tile for backsplash, iron ore for island base, hood and pantry doors.

• Jetta Cassity
    в прошлом месяце

What color did you paint the ceiling? it looks good with the Warm White cabinets.

• Sara
    в прошлом месяце

Thank you! Our painter used standard white ceiling paint from Sherwin Williams. I wanted to follow Maria Killam’s advice of going one gradation of white brighter on the ceiling, and this color worked. The cabinets are an off white and the ceiling paint is a true white. It is nothing special but looks fine and matches the recessed lights. :)

• Jetta Cassity
    в прошлом месяце

Thank you!

• Abi AI
    в прошлом месяце
    Последние изменения: в прошлом месяце

@kbaustin16 Hello! We are finally getting our kitchen installed in May and I have one last question. did you add a bottom light trim on your top cabinets? From the pictures of your kitchen, it doesn’t seem like you did, but I wanted to ask.

Lastly, can you please share the link of your lights that you used under your cabinets?