Houzz Logo Print
sharon_fender72

Help with living room please

Sharon Fender
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Changing sofa , tv, rug etc it isn’t our main living room but sofa so uncomfortable just don’t use it.
Doggie sits up on top of chair to look out of window 😊
Just don’t know what type of sofa to get love the jewel coloured sofas but I just don’t know what will work.
Any inspiration please, it’s a lovely bright room due to big windows.
I have put pics to show how it looks now.

Комментарии: 18

• rinked

With how many people do you watch tv here? Daily, occasionally? Perhaps the tv can be mounted over the radiator? With two chaise longues opposite eachother where the current seats are?

• Sharon Fender
    Автор

It would be occasionally, I didn’t think of putting tv on wall. Normally I don’t like TVs on wall but as it’s not main living room it’s certainly an idea thank you.

• minnie101

I forgot to say that was a Swoon additions sofa, they're now in Debenhams. If the current sofa is uncomfortable you definitely need to try it out! I think Loaf are still in John Lewis too, my mum has a chair and sofa from there and find them very comfortable!

• Juliet Docherty

The last one minnie101 posted looks lovely. It needs to work with your floor and the fireplace. I do love a yellow sofa, but it yellow may make the fireplace look like a dirty colour. The teals and plums are a good option.

• Sonia

Love the last teal coloured sofa! I think my next sofa will be teal velvet...........😊

• Sharon Fender
    Автор

Minnie 101 absolutely love the teal, going at weekend to have a look, where would I put tv do you think ?
    We are getting a new stand, quite happy to change wallpaper and the rug will get changed too.
    Thank you so much will change chair if I find something suitable for doggie 😂

• rinked

I rather like the wallpaper :) Are you fed up with it?

• minnie101

The teal seems to be a winner :)

i don't mind the tv where it is, the curtain is a little squished but you could change to Roman blinds keeping the one focal point with the fire. If you do want to wall hang it maybe consider something like this for over the radiator (to deflect the heat) but a bit deeper and have the front bit as a drawer to hide a sky box etc.

I've got dark and light grey velvet sofas in 2 rooms, they have both survived the dog! I want to "get rid" of the light one but that's her window perch 😂 Loaf, for example, have offered "clever" velvet for ages but introduced clever linen some time ago which is meant to be stain resistant etc. I can't remember any of the companies now but have noticed a lot of "clever" fabrics appearing over the last year or 2. It may be worth getting samples and testing it out on your dog!

• Sharon Fender
    Автор

Thank you , not really keen on tvs on walls so will prob just get new stand.
    Will check out sofas at weekend, we have fabric sofa in other living room and had no issues with it.
    I do like wallpaper it was quite expensive and not had it very long so will probably keep.
    I was looking at this window seat what do you think?

• E D
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Ha, I thought minnie’s last sofa was green, but apparently is a greenish teal?

Which makes me think a dark green would look good too.

• shelleyuk

I think a window seat could work as long as its done properly so that it doesn't look "changing rooms". How is your ventilation? If you are having cushions against the window in this country you need to think about condensation.

I like your wallpaper but I think the room is too plain. I'd be tempted to continue it onto the other walls, particularly since you already have the area over the picture rail in plain white.

• shelleyuk
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

I also like the last sofa (I thought it was emerald green)

• Sharon Fender
    Автор

Think last sofa is definitely the winner,
    I am sure can still get wallpaper so could continue around room.
    Get what your saying Shelleyuk about changing rooms 😂that’s a blast from the past ! It could cheapen the room.

• shelleyuk

I think it could look lovely if its done properly. It would definitely soften that space. I think you need to change the curtains. They don't look substantial enough next to the lovely big window (and they need to be a bit longer...). Perhaps in velvet to tie in with the new sofa.

When you change the rug it needs to be bigger so that the furniture legs sit on it but it needs lots of texture like your current one otherwise the room would be very flat in terms of texture. Plus I'd get a lovely large mirror for the mantlepiece.

• minnie101

I think a window seat could be lovely, however your alcove doesn't appear that deep in the photo, and a tv unit may look a bit odd and crowded. You could maybe consider shelves for the tv and sky box?

• Sharon Fender
    Автор

Thank you , new curtains yes definitely don’t know what colour tho ?
    I will definitely get a mirror, as for rug I would never thought of getting larger one.
    Minnie101 love the shelves idea for tv , and your right bay isn’t v deep so I think I will just get new chair.

• PRO
    Feature Radiators

What about a 2 column radiator? would look much smarter than the standard rad :) Let me know if you need any help with sizing, prices, etc.

Radiators for hallways - restricted depth · Еще