Houzz Logo Print
shagelau

When did our society decide this was ok?

shagelau
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
To each his own and, hey, if you want to spend your money on custom dog leather chairs and a chandelier for a dog bedroom then, it's your money. But how did we get to this stage in these last few years when we truly make dogs humanesque?
Hidden Hills, CA · Еще

Комментарии: 32

• Emily S
    Hey, if you have the money and it makes your dogs happy, why not? But I'm probably the wrong person to answer, as I am pretty sure my dogs are part human.
  • jbhola
    We decided when dogs at our back, and some humans could careless about each other.
  • User
    LOL..i wasn't sure what was going on here at first:-) these dogs are living one glamorous life! Super cute
  • sarikats
    Looks like a business, perhaps a doggie daycare
  • sarikats
    LOVE IT!!!
  • Angela C
    Fantastic! Dogs in the most part are better than many humans. This room rocks!!
  • melwishes
    The mind boggles and the heart sinks at the sheer wastefulness of it, The dogs (and I love mine) wouldn't know the difference between a chandelier and a cheap light bulb so why not give the difference to someone who needs it ?
  • kman1107
    All dogs are loyal and have no intention of being malicious. I cant say the same for humans. This room is awesome and so are dogs!!
  • Suzy Allman
    I think it happened with aging Baby Boomers becoming empty nesters. :0)
  • cnexpat
    why should society have a say in this? She can afford this, she loves her animals, it's tasteful, not hurting anyone. Who cares?
  • PRO
    MUST LOVE DOGS
    Humm I think it happened when good dog people realise they ARE humanesque , and more and more humans do not even deserve the title of animal...... I trust my dogs more that I would trust a huge amount of grabby, greedy, avarice, spiteful 'humans'.
  • Lee Smith
    at first i thought this was a public restroom! lol! She has dogs. Dogs are so loving more loving sometimes than our human family. At least she'susing her own money not OPP. I see nothing wrong.
  • kategladman
    I was just browsing houzz when this came up... It took me a while to figure out what kind o room it was. then i realised: IT'S A DOG ROOM. WHAT!!?? I think it's hilarious because i am not a dog person, but who cares what she does with her money? I spend thousands on unnecessary clothes and expensive wine and no one is judging me for not donating that money to charity (wait... Are they!!?). I say if you want a fancy dog palace, go for it!
  • Susana Cano
    Good for u Denisse if I had the money I probably do the same for my dog, HIS like family.
  • nanramos
    Love it! I wish I could do something similar for my dogs.
  • egskomo
    I just don't get what those little booths are for?

And I agree that this seems like a waste of money, who am I to tell someone how to spend their money? Everyone has different priorities.
  • Celeste Brown
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    Imagine if an adopted child could have a room as nice as that. And a dog for a pet!
  • KaTrina LeeBaldwin
    To some people their pets are their children. I know if I had the space I would love a room like this for my dogs.
  • Celeste Brown
    Actually people are judging you for unbridled gluttony and ostentatious displays of wealth. Some people consider it obscene and a sin. They believe that waste of resources is an immoral act. You don't have to recycle or save water, but you probably should. Living simply so that others may simply live is a good mantra.
  • KaTrina LeeBaldwin
    I also think it's a bit immoral to judge others as well as measure everyone else by their own idea of what is right and wrong. Simply put judge not; lest ye be judge.
  • PRO
    Decorate Ornate
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    My dogs are humans...they just have furry little bodies and a heart bigger than anyone, a loyalty that is indescribable and are man's best friends. They are God's loving creations - a gift to us on this earth to love and cherish. And if man would take the time to really get to know their furry little friends, they would be surprised to know, they do talk. Look into their eyes, their hearts, and they wagging little tails. They are God's gifts to us and bring the greatest joy. Stephani Chance - www.DecorateOrnate.com
  • PRO
    Pat Duriez
    I truly believe this !
  • Beatriz Torres
    If I could, I would! They deserve it.
  • martier1
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    This is a celebrities home. Denise Richards is an actress. She can clearly afford this!
  • luckylady0310
    Denise Richards is a huge proponent of helping rescue dogs, I think it's great that she take unwanted shelter animals and give them a beautiful home. Shame in you to judge. Perhaps you should think about giving to charity instead of running your mouth without knowing why she has done this.
  • hyspire2
    I think a person who gives a wonderful home to any dog or cat, rescue or purebred show animal by making them a part of their family is a wonderful person. Dogs want to be a part of the family whether a fancy home or a modest one. It matters not to them as long as they are loved and cared for and not stuck in the backyard or worse.
  • drhhouseideas
    It's not wastefulness if craftsmen were paid to create all of this. Every time someone spends money to pay someone to do real work our society benefits. Spending money is what makes our economy thrive and wouldn't you rather each of these craftsmen have work than give them a hand out?
  • 1234swestern
    ...meanwhile in Africa
  • Erica Levine
    If I recall, Ms. Richards has a bunch of rescued dogs. Maybe this is her way of repairing the previous treatment they received. Brava!
  • User
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 9
    Why do we care what she does with Charlie Sheen's money?
  • User
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 5
    I realize this is an old post, but nothing in this room is for the dogs with the exception of the dog beds. It is decorated for the person who has to look at it. I have 3 wire dog crates right where everybody can see, and it isn't pretty. If I had the funds, I would create a nice, separate space like this. The nice chandelier goes with the nice house, which is the owner's taste. The dogs don't know the difference, and it is no more extravagant than any other expensive house on this site. At least this room is functional. If this is indeed to house rescued dogs, then good for her to provide a place in her home to do so.