Houzz Logo Print
webuser_494927826

Flooring One Carpets or Cormar Carpets

Jazzy M
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Hi, I'm looking to buy new carpets for bedrooms and stairs. I have seen lots of Flooring One Carpets in local retailers but I have seen by looking on Instagram alot of people have Cormar Carpets. Does anyone know if one is any better than the other? I just want a carpet that isn't going to look worn up and flat after a short while. Thanks in advance

Комментарии: 5

• Gabby Wong

I think it’s less about the brand and more about the specific carpet.

How tightly packed it is

How long the pile is

How soft it is

Apparently wool also is generally slightly more resistant...

Also all the carpet manufacturers recommend hoovering them 3 times per week!!! To help stop them getting squashed

Jazzy M поблагодарил(а): Gabby Wong
  • Anthony (Beano)

Echo gabby‘s thoughts, more about the carpet than who sells it, id probably be more intrested in the quality their fitters tbh :-)

Jazzy M поблагодарил(а): Anthony (Beano)
  • PRO
    Brandler London

Your best bet is to buy an 80% wool and 20% nylon carpet, otherwise known as 80/20. There are many manufacturers around but when you look at the samples it is the density of pile, otherwise known as the pile weight, that you need to look at. A cheap carpet will have a smaller pile weight and will not look as good, feel as good under foot or last as long.

I would also strongly advise that you use an underlay! Not the cheap and nasty options that are generally offered in carpet shops, but something like that manufactured by Duralay - https://www.interfloor.com/duralay/choose-perfect-underlay/

Interestingly enough they offer product via Screwfix these days. My preference when carrying out residential projects was for either the 7mm or 10mm Durafit product and using the modern method of installation combined with the carpet.

When I say modern i should say that the technique that is used commercially and in hotels but for reason is not used by residential floor layers.

The technique is to directly stick your carpet to the underlay. This increase the longevity of the carpet by a significant amount and does not need perimeter carpet grippers. What is more it never needs stretching and the weight of the carpet combined with the underlay holds it in place.

It never fails to surprise me why residential carpet layers are not using this option as often as they should bacause it is good for them and for the customer!

Jazzy M поблагодарил(а): Brandler London
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 2

I have recently just bought a Cormar 80/20 wool twist carpet from https://carpetsonlinedirect.co.uk/shop/home-counties-plains-florin-42oz/ it is amazing very hard wearing and durable perfect for busy households!

• Alex Burnett
    Месяцев назад: 6
    Последние изменения: Месяцев назад: 6

Flooring One are the flooring division of the AIS Trade buying Group. As such they service the Independent Carpet Retailer trade, their 'Flooring One' brand floorcoverings are major manufacturers products de-branded to help those retailers against internet price matching predominantly.

Cormar carpets are the UK's biggest carpet manufacturer, they make some nice product at their price point in the market place but there are plenty of other quality UK carpet manufacturers too.