Houzz Logo Print
lbgrossman

need help ASAP - bathroom floor tile

lbgrossman
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Instructed the workers to lay the tile the same direction on bathroom floor and the shower but just got home and noticed the shower is going in a different direction.

My husband likes it and I don’t know if it’s worth the delay to re-tile (need to order more tile now...)

Looking for opinions based on the picture. What should I do? I always thought the tile should run in the same direction to have a better flow/look larger.

Sorry for the dark picture. Our electric isn’t all in yet. Thanks!

Комментарии: 6

• User

Retile the main floor? Because it's unlikely you can remove the shower floor tile without compromising the waterproofing. If you have any underway pictures, some of the people here will advise on if that's possible and also if it was done right to begin with.

• lbgrossman
    Автор

That’s helpful. I never considered the waterproofing aspect. Not the main floor tile. I like that. It’s the direction of the shower floor I don’t love but if it compromises the waterproofing, wouldn’t be worth changing.

• User

If you can post a picture(s) of construction underway for the shower, some people here can give you opinions on if you can pull the shower floor tile.

• PRO
    Sagent Builders

I would remove the main floor herringbone tile and replace the with a larger size square tile in light greys

• SusanInMaryland

I'm on team husband. I love it the way it is and wouldn't change a thing. I can't believe the suggestion above that you rip it up and change the tile. Obviously, if you wanted square tile you would have gotten square tile. The herringbone is beautiful and I can't imagine ripping it up when it looks great as it is. It really is stunning!