Houzz Logo Print
irenemsosh

Seems to be a shadow from dry wall tape

irenemsosh
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

New custom home and doing my second "punch list." Notice these shadows on the ceiling. Are they from dry wall tape? Is it acceptable? Also, very uneven finish to baseboards...especially where they join. Is this really an issue I should push? Lastly, well maybe not LAST, but certainly another issue is the cracking of seals around window casings. I was told this is "normal" for new construction in 100+ degree weather.

Комментарии: 3

• PRO
    Wiltrack Construction And Development Group LLC

Well it is fairly difficult to point you in the right direction with just one photo and no spec sheet, but I will give it my best shot.

If the builder stated a level 5 finish on the ceiling then the tape joints would be an issue worth working on.
    If they spec’d a knockdown finish which it looks like on the photo it is then the tape marks are visible mainly because of the way the light comes into that space and the style of finish.

If you have any other pictures or specs I would be glad to help.

You can find the breakdown of the levels of finishes here. http://constructiondesignworks.net/levels-of-drywall-finishes/

irenemsosh поблагодарил(а): Wiltrack Construction And Development Group LLC
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

If you use flat paint it's likely you won't see the imperfections of the ceiling.

irenemsosh поблагодарил(а): BeverlyFLADeziner
  • irenemsosh
    Автор

Thanks! I'll meet w/contractor tomorrow and find out "what level!" So much to learn! I KNOW I'd never go through new building again. Lost our home in 2017 wild fire...posting a couple of new

pictures. May be able to see the problems m more clearly.