Houzz Logo Print
jj_lewis40

Has anyone purchased a Tulip Table (Saarinen or Pedestal table) here?

Janice J. Lewis
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

First post here, hello everyone!

I am looking to buy a 40" dining table, more specifically a Tulip Table, has anyone purchased a Tulip Table from Houzz? The size can be a little bigger, it doesn't matter. I just wanted to know if you recommend any brands from the ones shown here. I am also specifically looking for a replica, as much as I would like to purchase the real thing, my budget won't allow for it at the moment. Please refrain from directing me towards the original designers or making this into an original vs. replica post.

I would also like the Table to have a marble top, anyone purchase a replica with a good marble top? If so, how is the quality of the marble? Do you guys recommend I choose another finish?

Thank you all for your answers!

Комментарии: 10

• sushipup1

Many people have found better prices elsewhere.

• Janice J. Lewis
    Автор

Hello there! Thank you, where would you think I could get some better prices? Do you recommend buying outside of the Houzz platform?

• Helen

If you want a marble topped table, get a base and have a slab done at a good stone yard. You can control the quality completely and the cost would probably be less than equivalent quality.

My friend did this years ago when she renovated her kitchen and just used the leftover portion from her Carrarra counters. After 20 years, the table is still going strong :-).

I would imagine you could get a remnant slab which would be fairly cheap.

Janice J. Lewis поблагодарил(а): Helen
  • Janice J. Lewis
    Автор

Helen, thank you so much. This is really a great idea! I don't really have any leftovers to use but I'll try to find out if there's somewhere I could go around here that can make the base, purchase the marble, and build the table in the Tulip style. Since I was looking for a replica of a very specific design I didn't consider it, but it is a good idea.

• Helen
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

There are many places which sell the tulip base But if you have a very specific style you want replicated, a good woodmaker can do it. I fell in love with a table and the same local people who built all my cabinets relocated the table for me.

• Janice J. Lewis
    Автор

I just started looking from Pros in my area and I think I might have found the one for custom built furniture. Still on the fence about pricing but will keep digging. Thanks!

• Janice J. Lewis
    Автор

Hello! Yes I considered one of your tables for purchase along with a few other options from the first search results. It does look good but the particular table I wanted did not have any reviews. It is a good replica but it states that it's made of Artificial marble. I would really enjoy reading some reviews on it.

• Janice J. Lewis
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

I got to see some reviews, but I'm still a little bit on the fence. I'll email you with some more questions. Great use of the colon, by the way!

• Iris
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 3

@Janice J. Lewis did you ever end up ordering a tulip table online? I am in a similar predicament as the one you posted about above and am curious about what you ended up purchasing.

Sponsored