Houzz Logo Print
webuser_553263610

Black/White floor tile but gray counter. Wall color??

Sue
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Bathroom has black and white tiles, white cabinets and gray countertop. I don’t think the blue walls work. What color should I paint the walls? The bathroom has a sauna in there and a shower. I don’t want to change the tiles. The new countertop is gray like the laundry room top. Any suggestions?

Комментарии: 12

• DH

Since those are all neutral colors, you can literally paint the walls any color you want and it will work just fine.

What’s your favorite color? Do you have an overall color story for your whole house? Or a general feeling or theme that you have going on or aspire to? Soft and subtle, bold and lively, beachy, edgy... ? Is this the master bath, or for kids?

If you’re not sure, do you have any art that you have in mind for the bathroom? That can be a great source of inspiration for paint colors, and it can really help create a space that feels well thought out and make the art look amazing, too.

• PRO
    Designs by BSB

I agree with the advice given - anything you want since everything is neutral. The paint you have now works, maybe a lighter blue to freshen the space up? Check out Rainwashed by Sherwin Williams, it is a pretty water color.

• Sue
    Автор

Jan Moyer that clock thing is the control to the sauna so has to stay. New towel holders too and decorations.
    I’m glad you all said the gray will go with the room bc it’s a long story how we ended up with the gray (briefly: had to buy entire slab for master and sauna bathroom was showing wear so used rest of slab).
    The upstairs colors are agreeable gray so not opposed to using the leftover paint but I did think of yellow or an aqua - something spa like.
    Here is a professional photo from the listing when we bought the lake house and a few others to show why we replaced the top.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

You'll go to the trouble of new top and paint, but won't spend 20 bucks on a right size towel bar?The answer to which appears to be a towel RING and shorter towel bar or hooks?

• Sue
    Автор

No no no! I am replacing all that Jan! I even bought a new sink and faucet and once I get those in I will renovate and decorate!
    Just curious what color!

• ryburns26

SW Mindful Gray would be awesome in there. The walls are way too dark for the lighter floors and features in there.

• ryburns26

Also, for only a few bucks you could put in a chrome or brushed switchplate cover and hit your a/c vent with some flat black rustoleum

• DH

I like the idea of lightening things up with soft beach glass colors to create a more zen and spa like feel.

This bathroom is very different than yours, but it could serve as inspiration for your color palette. You’ve got the wood from your sauna, the gray from your new countertop, and you could do your walls in the sea glass blue green color.

Or, you could paint the walls a soft white, and add color by painting the cabinet.

• Sue
    Автор

I love that aqua and gray! I’m not sure how hard it is to paint the cabinets but I love that color on the cabinets! Anyone know what color that is?

• DH

Looked it up...

According to the architects of this project, the cabinet color is Parma Gray in a Satin finish by Farrow & Ball.

• Sue
    Автор

I thought I would update everyone on the spa bathroom. SW Quietude but not really happy with the color bc it’s too minty for me.

Sponsored