Houzz Logo Print
phildenton

Kitchen Layout help

Phil D
Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Hi

I'm just renovating a house and up to doing the kitchen and therefore after a bit of advice on the layout.

If money was available, i'd extend the kitchen but unfortunately that is not possible at the moment....and a couple of years off.

As such, i'm after something that will do for the next few years.

I've had a little play around and few images attached.....wondering what people think. I've not thought about colour scheme etc yet, just on the layout.

The room is empty at the mo, but doors and windows are in fixed position. Also boiler is fixed in the top right, i.e. wall cabinet.

(W = washer)

Комментарии: 4

• PRO
    Gravel Hill Lighting

Hello Phil D

Having previously been a kitchen designer I thought I'd chip in on this one!

Although I am not a fan of corner cupboards, I actually prefer the 1st design for several reasons. You are keeping food areas separate from laundry area, and there feels a better flow rather than lots of corners.

Depending on your circumstances you might find taking the internal door off helps open it up.

Looking at the 1st plan, I'd recommend something like my client did here with the slim units and an open shelf, but to the right of the extractor. You can get integrated extractors for under £50 online that are perfectly serviceable, this would help streamline it for you too.

Hope that helps, all the best with your project!

Multicoloured Lights for Colourful Kitchen Project · Еще

• Danny Jay

I would forget about aesthetics and concentrate on the function and ergonomics. It is a small space and you need to think about how the main user will work within the area. You mentioned about extending in the future so I would not think long term and use more cost effective solutions. I would keep the washing machine and sink close by for ease of plumbing. I would put the fridge where shown on the first plan with a clear worktop for prep. Opposite I would put the hob and oven underneath and the sink as shown again in the first plan. I wouldn't use the corner unit shown as it takes up far too much space. I would use a small hood above the hob with a run of cupboard as you have very little storage. Hope that helps and please check out my bio and contact if I can help further.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

Hi - it amazes me that no one has mentioned that there doesn’t seem to be enough walkway space between both sides of cabinetry. Might be an idea to either get a free design done by a supplier or work with an independent (like us) who can keep you on the right track for a safe and workable design.

• PRO
    Pardon Chambers Architects Ltd

You might want to think about your future plans for the kitchen extension now so that you can try and plan this project to try and avoid as much abortive work as possible in the future.

With that in mind would it be possible to move either of the doors so that the units could run in a continuous line, which would then also give you more circulation space.