Houzz Logo Print
drsaj

Powder Room Vanity Decision

drsaj
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

I'm using this powder room as my inspiration. Our cabinet maker gave me these wood samples to decide what I want for the shelves. I have a matte black vessel sink. The room will be wallpapered or painted. Looking at our travertine floor and powder room door, would any of these look good for the vanity shelves? Does the powder room door matter at all when choosing? Two of the samples are walnut, one with a medium stain and the other with a darker stain. The blonde wood is an African wood I can't remember the name of.

2018 Artisan Home Tour · Еще

Medium Walnut
African Wood
Darker Walnut
Other

Комментарии: 13

• drsaj
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

More photos. The samples are against the powder room door in bottom photo.

• drsaj
    Автор
    My cabinet maker just informed me that the African wood is called Bubinga or Kevazingo.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

To answer your question, working with the floor and no wallpaper to consider, I choose the African wood.

Thibaut wallpaper

drsaj поблагодарил(а): JudyG Designs
  • drsaj
    Автор
    I could also have the African wood stained darker as well. If I choose a highly patterned wallpaper, like the one in the inspiration photo, perhaps I should consider a wood with less grain. I'm told the one in the inspiration photo is walnut, although my walnut samples seem to have more grain.
  • drsaj
    Автор
    Год(а)/Лет назад: 4

This is my vanity with the Bubinga African wood. I posted another thread asking for additional suggestions such as wallpaper. The sink is not permanently mounted and can be replaced. The pendant can also be replaced. JudyG, are you still here?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

https://www.kravet.com/wallcovering/to-the-point#product-information

The best part is the wallpaper. Didn't you select this?

drsaj поблагодарил(а): BeverlyFLADeziner
  • drsaj
    Автор

Beverly, I loved the wallpaper but at $500+ per single roll (yes, you read that right), even if it looked good in my powder room, I wouldn't pay over $500 a roll. Here is the sample in my room. I don't think the colors work with my floor or vanity.

• drsaj
    Автор

Beverly, can you suggest another wallpaper that is similar to this (or not) that would work with my colors and is more reasonably priced?

• drsaj
    Автор
    Pajarito, thank you for the suggestion and source. I like it with my floor and vanity. If I choose something like this, with black in it, would I need to have more black in the room, such as pendant and towel ring? Does this wallpaper work with the white sink?
  • Pajarito

I think the white sink would work well. A sample of it would be a good start. It’s similar to your inspiration image in style.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner