Houzz Logo Print
cathymca

Colors for shutters and front door

cathymca
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

We're thinking of changing the colors of our exterior. The house next door has black shutters and door so although I like the look we want to consider different color scheme. Any suggestions?

Комментарии: 13

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design

Charcoal grey or navy would look great with your brick and creamy trim.

• PRO
    Kuhns Contracting, Inc.

I like the two offered suggestions. Go with your gut....you can always change it.

• chloebud

Something like BM Tarrytown Green can work nicely with brick.

• PRO
    Paintzen, Inc.

Hi there!

You should whitewash the brick for a rustic look with character. From there, you can play around with color on the shutters - a dark green or blue would really pop! PPG's "Admirality" or "Nightwatch" would be my top suggestions.

Meghan

• houssaon

Here are some colors from Benjamin Moore.

I'm pretty sure I used Stuart Gold on my front door. I get lot of compliments.

• houssaon

Here is a green.

• chloebud

I like the Tarrytown, houssaon. I also like the Old Navy and Cheating Heart.

• emmarene9

I would keep the red door but go for a softer look with the shutters. I used a gray green.

• chloebud
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

This is Tarrytown Green on my brother's brick colonial (shutters and door). The brick's a bit different, but I think Tarrytown would work nicely with the OP's house, too.

• houssaon

Tarrytown is a classic. I like it too.

• cathymca
    Автор

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and recommendations! I really appreciate it!

• PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs

Consider painting the porch framing a whiter white because the frames of your windows show and are a bright white, which you cannot change. But to have the 2 whites makes the porch trim look grim. The shutter color choices offered above are great. Choose what YOU like best, or look for your own ideas.

Sponsored