Houzz Logo Print
beatrice_edney

Round or Rectangle dining table?

Celliponti Designs
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

Hello, this is a new construction (to be completed end jun) so we are now busy thinking about how we want to furnish the house. The back of the house is all open, kitchen/diner/lounge.

Would like your opinions on what goes best next to the rectangle island. Thanks for your thoughts.

1. Rectangle table parallel to island and centered

2. Round table off-centered to left of room with buffet on the right

rectangle/oval
round

Комментарии: 8

• Daisy England

The bugbear with rectangle tables as opposed to round IMO is that seats are spread out therefore it’s a nuisance when all seats are full and the passing of food, condiments, drinks etc.

Round is more sociable. Each person can reach their own items.

Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): Daisy England
  • PRO
    Eric Bates & Sons Ltd

The room has a high level of squares and rectangles through the furniture style, the rug, the decorative glass on the right hand wall and the patio doors opposite so a rectangular table would certainly carry this theme on although a round table would pick up the roundness of the woodburner beautifully. Not really answered the question but maybe food for thought [pardon the pun!]

Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): Eric Bates & Sons Ltd
  • PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles

I prefer an oval shape. Eliminates square corners, looks a bit softer but still spacious for family gatherings.

Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): bubbles bathrooms and tiles
  • giovedesign
    It is said that the table should follow the room's shape but in your case it takes too much space, because it feels narrow. If you don't have a large family constantly eating there I recommend the round one or, even better, to keep the shape scheme, a small square one.
    Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): giovedesign
  • PRO
    AG Interiors

I don't think it matters as I think round, rectangular or oval would work but whichever shape you go for needs to be centred to the island ……

Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): AG Interiors
  • User
    The rectangle table you have shown has curved corners and looks great so I would stick with that. If you decided to have a round take I would prefer that centred as well which may mean not having the unit along the wall.
    Celliponti Designs поблагодарил(а): User
  • User
    table not take