Houzz Logo Print
pecasville

Wallpaper around the TV

pecasville
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5
Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

Hi guys, finally finished installing the wall cabinets. We wanted to add a wallpaper around the tv with some geometric pattern to add a bit of style and contrast as everything is in plain white. This is a house in the beach. Any recommendations on what to put and where to buy? The sofa is a one piece sectional in white leather and the rug is in white and cobalt. We were looking for a modern wallpaper in vinyl, but we are open to any suggestion. Thanks.

Комментарии: 14

• Fori

I don't think you need to limit yourself to vinyl as it's a pretty protected wall. Wallpaper is hard. There's too much GOOD wallpaper. My tastes are probably way off but I'd check out Bradbury's Art Deco papers (but look at their 50s, 60s, and Japanese lines).

Fish wallpaper is never wrong (Osborne & Little's "Derwent" comes to mind but there are a lot that are just as good), but not terribly geometric. There are papers based off Hokusai's famous wave that would be very cool (and get some serious blue into the room). Grasscloth would be low key and earthy.

Just be sure to get something a little weird and unexpected. It's a great place for wallpaper. Don't be too safe.

• wdccruise

Perhaps painting the wall and placing some items (sculpture, plant) on the two lower cabinets that have glass fronts would be nice.

• vpierce

Anything too wild might be distracting when watching the TV.

• Fori

If wild wallpaper distracts from the TV, shouldn't you watch something else?

• ilikefriday

Funny that I posted after vpierce suggesting not too wild....

How about a mural wallpaper? I also like Lawrence Sprowls attached photo.

• Sarah
    If money is no object, checkout Timorous Beasties wall coverings. They’re British, very modern & very $$$.

Even though you’re at the beach, a typical beach themed wall covering could become cliche. And would look strange against your modern decor. Keep it unexpected!
  • pecasville
    Автор

Thanks to everyone for their input., there are really nice ideas Any recommendations on where to look for the wallpaper?

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

Not wallpaper, but maybe wood look laminate flooring or StikWood

Whatever you do, you'll have to run it on the wall on the right because there is no longical place to stop it.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

First lower the TV it should be where the center of the screen is at eyelevel when you are seated. IMOadding wallpaper to that space will not look good at all, add a sculpture to the cabinets on each side and a large piece of art on the right wall and paint the wall behind the TV a color that works with the art.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner

Larger TV would work better in the space.

• pecasville
    Автор

yes thats on the list thanks,

• PRO
    WaterfallNow

We supply 3D wall panels that can be glued to the wall. If there is a company near you then it might be worth considering over wallpaper as it has some depth to it. They can be painted to any colour.

• PRO
    Beth H. :

you could always just do a backing like they've done here. I'd also mirror your left side to the right. that empty column on the right looks 'off'.

Sponsored