Houzz Logo Print
dowdowburns

Anyone with Scandinavian style home?

dowdowburns
Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
The Scandinavian style always attracted me.

Anyone want to give ideas for a fresh new home?

Maybe there are some houzzers with this style :)

Комментарии: 24

• PRO
    OnePlan
    There are some lovely photos in the phot section - just type Scandinavian in the search button !!! :-)
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Hello :) I've already tried that. But I prefer someone whom I can discuss with!
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    Try contacting a designer in the 'Find Local Pros' search box.
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    oh ! ok !! so is this a concept design for a new build that you are thinking about ?! what sort of plot do you have ?! there doesn't seem to be any bathrooms in this sketch ?!?
    dowdowburns поблагодарил(а): OnePlan
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    I ment to add are you off grid ?! hence the lack of bathrooms ?!
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    You made my day :) I forgot to write "bathroom" near the small yard. At least you really saw my sketch !
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    This is our new home.... We have only the walnut kitchen [which will be installed in October this year].

I really like the Scandinavian design. But I'm completely lost.
  • Brenda
    are you sure about this design? ... 30% of the floor space seems to be dedicated to hallways and the entry space ...
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Where I live we have different types of home. We built everything in stone masonry.

I can tell you that the rooms are very big, and the hallway is very long, like you need roller skates all the time :) Compared to other houses, our is very large.
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    and the corridor is not that wide like it is proportioned in the sketch
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    I am loving the idea of you using roller-skates indoors !! What a hoot !!! So glad you do have bathrooms too !!!
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Последние изменения: Год(а)/Лет назад: 10
    When regarding cleaning the place then it's not fun at all :)
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    still looking for ideas ....
  • PRO
    OnePlan
    Is it all built already ?!
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Yes. We are doing last few things.... I've thought it's so difficult to place things out. I really wish I can find someone with ideas like mine so I can discuss some things.

I have other discussion opened for a fire stove. I have already bought it but I dont know how can I decorate around it; like logs storage etc.... I dont want to leave it alone 'cause it is kind of a boring thing. I thing I've lost hope for what I'm trying find :(
  • Brenda
    Ideabook: How To Get That Modern Scandinavian Look (click on "ideabook" under the photo)

https://www.houzz.com/magazine/how-to-get-that-modern-scandinavian-look-stsetivw-vs~3674794
  • Brenda
    Ideabook: Fresh Scandinavian Style in the Hague (click on "ideabook" under the photo)

https://www.houzz.com/magazine/my-houzz-fresh-scandinavian-style-in-the-hague-stsetivw-vs~1941952
    dowdowburns поблагодарил(а): Brenda
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Hello Brenda.... do you have any ideas that goes with a small black cast iron stove please? not something big but at least it accomplish my stove. something like scandinavian style...
  • Brenda
    Ideabook: Sweetness and Light in a Swedish Family Home (click on "ideabook" under the photo)

https://www.houzz.com/magazine/houzz-tour-sweetness-and-light-in-a-swedish-family-home-stsetivw-vs~4451674
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    I really liked those links. Thank you very much Brenda.

Do you think you can help me about the wood burning stove?

I don't want something huge because I have about 3 metre width where I want to place it. The stove's with is 60cm. Still confused.... Sorry if I bothered you, but I really wish I can settle this problem off my mind.
  • dowdowburns
    Автор
    Something more full filling than this....
  • PRO
    Swedish Interior Design
    hi we can definately help you with that classic swedish look - check out our site http://www.swedishinteriordesign.co.uk for some great ideas and drop us an email if you have any questions we can help you with
    dowdowburns поблагодарил(а): Swedish Interior Design
  • PRO
    Swedish Interior Design
    no problem - do drop us an email if you have any questions