Houzz Logo Print
ajcn

Backsplash to go with Taj Mahal Quartzite

AJCN
Год(а)/Лет назад: 5

I thought I posted this already, but I can't find it. I apologize if I'm double-posting!

So at my Dad's house that all the adult siblings are helping him on, we're putting in white kitchen cabinets and Taj Mahal quartzite counters. We need to choose a backsplash, and we want to NOT use subway tiles. It's a very small 1 or 1-1/2 butt kitchen, and not much material is needed, so if it's a little pricier per sq ft, that's probably okay.

I searched HOUZZ for Taj mahal to see some options other than subway.

For this picture, do you think this comes on a sheet? Otherwise seems like it would be near-impossible to install. There are 3 other pics on HOUZZ I like and I will post them in the comments.

Goals are: soft/warm white, not gray, not subway, not too trendy, not to distract from taj, but when you look at it you think "ah, that's really pretty."

Taj Mahal · Еще

Комментарии: 12

• AJCN
    Автор

I like how this is white and a different shape than subway and the contrasting grout shows the pattern, but probably too modern for my Dad's taste. Might be too trendy?

A Glam Garnished Home · Еще

• AJCN
    Автор

This is subway tile, but it looks like it's bigger than normal and has a wobbly/cracked/uneven surface which might make it *different* enough. It's hard to tell.

I've posted questions to these designers (for all 4 pics) but haven't heard back yet.

Pollard Estates Home Retrofitted for Budding Family · Еще

• AJCN
    Автор

Last one is also subway but in a herringbone pattern. It seems like this would be hard to plan and install so that it ends up looking perfect. But I'm no expert.

RowHouse ReBorn · Еще

• chispa

Here is a similar glass segmented hex from Ann sacks. I think this one is a bit bigger than the one in the photo.
    https://www.annsacks.com/products/tile-stone-mosaic/profile-mosaics#/profile-segmented-hex

AJCN поблагодарил(а): chispa
  • AJCN
    Автор

I like that one that you posted. I'll run it by the family.

• chispa

Mosaique Surface - Metis Warm

Palm Valley on Intracoastal · Еще

• chispa

Akdo - 3x6 White Haze (P)

Ladue Kitchen · Еще

I have a bunch of photos saved because I also used Taj Mahal!!

• mark_rachel

TM is amazing & you don't want to compete with it. I would go with a simple crackle tile.

AJCN поблагодарил(а): mark_rachel
  • kim k
    In this pic they use mother of pearl backsplash which i think looks gorgeous
    AJCN поблагодарил(а): kim k
  • AJCN
    Автор

Thank you for these ideas. I really like the White Haze posted above. I went on the website:

https://akdo.com/?s=haze

and it looks like that color/materials comes in many different sizes and patterns.

I'll try to get a sample.

• AJCN
    Автор

I saw a pic on Houzz where the person used the Taj slab on the backsplash. Our slab is 3 cm. If we decided to do that, would there be any issues with installing?

Sponsored